Garage Sale Find

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Found a T Maxx 2.5 in OK shape at a sale with two other trucks for $20. Accually my Mom found it, she bought it figuring that if nothing else the toolbax and parts would be worth the money.
She said the tires look good and it does not make any odd noises when rolled back and forth. She does not know nitro engines so she did no testing on it. I am looking forward to getting it home and going through it.

Attachments

• 140503_001.jpg
    140503_001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 182
Score one for mom!thats awwwwesome

I asked my Mom if the flywheel would turn. She said it spins freely but the pullstart will not budge at all. This could be the truck for my big-block Losi .26 I have sitting here.

I have read several threads where people get ahold of an old nitro car or truck. They always ask how they can get it running. Well I believe I will use this truck as an example of what you should do to get one running again. I will try to explain just what to expect, and why I make the choices to either clean up a part and reuse it or why I choose to replace it. May also help to take some of the fear out of tearing a nitro engine down and giving it a good bath. As you can see it needs a bath, BAD. This truck is perfect for this as I have no idea of its history or what might be wrong with it. Best case it just needs cleaned up and it will be good, worst case the engine may be shot have a bad tranny and be good for nothing more than parts. The tear down and clean-up will tell the tale. Shaun

Back