GAH!! Talk about a pain in the.......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvickj

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
About 15 minutes before I have to leave for work I start my car via the remote starter. I finish getting around for work and have a quick bite to eat. I get down to my car and try to unlock it via the remote starter and no dice. So I insert the key into the drivers side door, nothing. DAMNIT!

So I go over to the passenger side door to try the key. With a little bit of persuasion I manage to get the door open. I crawl through the car and push the drivers side door open. As I get out of the car and close the passenger side door I notice that it doesn't close. The latch mechanism isn't working. So I start fiddling with the door handle on the inside and outside trying to get the latch into the close position but nothing is working. So for the moment I go over to the drivers side door to see if that will close. NOPE! Same damn problem.

So I go back up to my apartment looking for anything to help and all I find is a can of WD-40. So I squirt the WD-40 into both doors and start fiddling with the door handles trying to get the doors to close. After a few minutes I finally get the drivers side door to work. It took another 4 minutes to finally get the passenger side door closed.

This is what happens when yesterday we had a high of 54 degrees and this morning it was 12 degrees. Sure I could get one of those little cans of deicer but I don't even think that would have helped.

Just felt like ranting.

I hear you man, its about 48 deg here now, and by 800 tonite its supposed to be about 5deg. Its just a royal pain in the ass!

Weather suprised us down in pa too. I just drove to work in 2" of snow. 2" doesn't sound like much but when it hasn't been plowed it's a slippery mofo. No one knew it was comming. No plows on the roads yet. The school didn't delay start. Add to that all th idiots who drive 10 mph... (ok so I felt like ranting too)

oh it because of the cold weather!!i was thinking as i read it that your locks were broke......i guess these hawaii people dont know to much about the b.s the cold has to bring!! damn its 70 degrees wheres my jacket..lol

That's what happens when it goes from a warm damp day to a major freeze, and yes, the de-icer would have worked, especially if you did it in advance.
My first official stand as a mod on this site is to PROHIBIT anyone from the tropical paradise of Hawaii from making any comments in a cold weather thread. hb1111, you've been warned. DON'T let it happen again.

Rolex said:
My first official stand as a mod on this site is to PROHIBIT anyone from the tropical paradise of Hawaii from making any comments in a cold weather thread. hb1111, you've been warned. DON'T let it happen again.

LMFAO!!!

Rolex said:
That's what happens when it goes from a warm damp day to a major freeze, and yes, the de-icer would have worked, especially if you did it in advance.

hey if you guys like the warm weather so much I'll trade you...just remember HEAT SUCKS TOO.....and not the oh my it's a little warm today kind...it's the HOLY S*#T it's been over 100deg for 3 months now when will it end...besides you can only get so naked and you're still hot...sounds cool? wait till you go to the beach and see acres of 300lb women wearing thongs......AAAAAGHHHHH Ineed to watch some video of hog & cattle slaughters to get that image out of my head....everbody listen up....FL is not a paradise it's a hell hole.....literally.....Not only can I not get any snowboarding done here try and keep an RC engine tuned when the only time you get to use em is when the sun is setting and not only temperatures drop fast the humidity goes crazy.......get a good breeze sometimes and everybody get's really rich and chokes out at the same time......at least up north there's seasonal change and time to acclimate yourself...I know, I lived in NYC for 10 years and it was the coolest place I've ever lived.......I'd give a left nut to live in the snowy areas again........

I needed to rant a lil too....

It's pretty nice this time of year isn't it Plaidfish? There are a lot of folks that own property up here and down in FL too. They just move back and forth for winter and summer. It can get pretty cold here, but I donno if I'd go to that extreme. I'd also have to be retired.

That's the beauty of Hawaii, It doesn't get hot. I don't remember the exact figures but it goes something like 72 degrees +/- 5 degrees 24/7/365. HB1111 can probably quote the exact numbers. Geez 4 years ago today I was laying on the beach there, cold beverage in hand watching Vanna White turn letters (live).

it rains in hawaii...the funny thing is what amazes alot of tourisit it can be a super sunny day 80 degrees and it will rain...and in only one spot like a 1/2 mile x1/2 mile you gotta love the weather here it gets low as upper 60's and high as 92 no tornado's, hurricane once in a while no tsunamis in 30 years or so hawaii has a wonder trade wind that blows off the ocean so its normaly a cool breeze...just imagine a margarita sitting under a coconut tree with the cool wind blowing in your face...you gotta love it thats why i call it HOME....

this week in Oregon we had a huge ice problem. It is the most ice i have ever seen! I used to live in PA... Its pretty bad... COLD right now. Ice is awesome to me. Its really funny haha on the news they show people slipping and trying to stand up by grabbing a pole hahaha its so funny lol. anyway. On some roads you NEED to have chains on your tires. its crazy. yesterday there were 100 crashes!!!!! I was like HOLY S&%*!!!!!! we were on the highway today and there were abandoned cars on the side of the road?!?! just like sitting there with broken S&$^ on em. The thing that sucks is alot of stores are closed when there is alot of ice.

Today i went to get a skateboard and the place was closed... I was bummin. But i finally got 1 at a VANS store at the mall... I bet you guys don't even care :hehe: ill shut up now.

man i hate the heat i live down in san antonio texas its hot almost all year round and when its cold its only cold for about a week and then you get hot again

i would love to live some where where it never got hot and never got cold

but that will never happen

mr_bob said:
i would love to live some where where it never got hot and never got cold

Move to Pasadena, California. I have a good friend there, and when she sees that it's in the 90s or over 100 here with 98% humidity, or below freezing here, with wind chill at 20 below, she calls me just to tell me that it's 78 degrees with 14 percent humidity. Almost perfect, almost every day.

I spent 2 years in Texas, and I loved it there. Howdy Y'all.

Back