Full Force R/C Skid plates for Revo VXL Review & Pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JettaManDan

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just a quick review and some pics...i picked up the set of skid plates from Full Force R/C last week for my mini-Revo VXL....thought the $ for the set was reasonable..and after hearing some bad stores of people cracking their chassis i thought i was a good investment...1st i gotta say their customer service was awesome! I placed my order - and within about 1/2 and hour i got a e-mail from Romean there saying they got it..and were waiting on some of the screws to complete the install kit for the plates...and that they would be in the next day and ship out right after...to me that rocks for customer service! And, in fact, the plates showed up to me only 3 days after i ordered them complete....i was really impressed with the quality of the metal work and the packaging. The screws and stand off posts were in their own seperate little pacakge in the baggie with the plates...very cool and no scratches on the plates. The main skid plate is a little tough to put on becase it has 8 stand off posts to sit onto the chassis and then thread the screws through when the pate was on it..

what i did was tape the posts to the plate with the screws through them. This allowed me to hold it all as one unit and get them all in place. The posts are height specific where they go on the truck and you need to get them in the right order -a nice exploded pic of it is on their website and was helpful so i got it right the 1st time. After that the total install time was all of 20 minutes. (Most of the time spend just pulling the stock screws out and putting the new one s in) They include screws that use the same wrenches that come with the truck, so no hunting around for extra tools. Very cool of them. And the front and back plates were no brainers for where the posts went.

the skid plates aren't featherwieght...but the one thing it did do was put some weight where i think the truck needed it..down low. I found after the install and running it that the truck was less prone to flip over in hard turns..something i appreciated a lot! And on my 1st run i tested out the plates in a way i didn't intend! Coming at speed down a grass section at my local park i misjudged the transistion back to the concrete and bashed the front end of the truck on it! As you will see from the pic i have a nice little nick and scratch or 2 on the front plate - but the truck took it in stride with no other damage and i kept bashing. Proving to me they were worth it right away. I think this a great set of products for these trucks and i'm not afraid to give it some gas now over tough terrain....i don't usually endorse products but these really impressed me...so i was happy to put their stickers on my truck and give them a thumbs up for a good and reasonably priced product that does what it is advertised to do...if you are gonna bash hard..i think these plates are a necessity!

Pics:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Dan

i'm getting the Thraser bumper in today or tomorrow - and going to adapt it to still keep the front plate on..worth it for sure...i need all the protection i can get!

yeah these trucks need it them being so low to the ground and so capable of high speeds!

and it should help to keep rocks out of the steering linkage. I was stuck in right turn only mode. :hehe:

i'm getting the Thraser bumper in today or tomorrow - and going to adapt it to still keep the front plate on..worth it for sure...i need all the protection i can get!

T-Bone Racing has told me that are working on a rear bumper for the mini revo as well - I'm excited to get my hands on it as well!

really? well..my wheelie bar i think will be sufficient to keep stuff from happening to my rear ;) lol!

I just got my T-Bone front bumper here in at work....will need to figure out how to use it with my full force front skid plate..i may need some longer screws and then stack them....not sure yet...it may come down to cutting and drilling some holes too....guess we'll see...

ok..got my T-bone bumper on as well - required cutting the back part of the bumper skid off - only lost one mounting hole...but the screws provided were plenty long enough to stack the bumper below the full force skid plate up front....now i have the best of both world..metal impact protection and protection for the front wheels and a-arms...forgot to snap a pic..will do so tonight and post...

Back