fuel tubing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwatty

RC Newbie
Reaction score
what should the length be of the tubing going from the exhaust outlet to the fuel tank..? short as possible w no stress or longer in a gathered S shape.? does it make a difference.. thx.. looking forward to getting back in the hobby.. I have an older OFNA World's GT.. thx for the help

a nice sloping arc is always best...no loops....

thank you.. I'll try that. Every video I see on YouTube shows the tubing like you mentioned. Just need to reset my needles then and should be good to go.. thx again

np.not a nitro but this is one of my several ofna gtp
gtp v2 yell.jpg
2 6 cell drag cars ..

Nice.. once I get mine final.. and get more familiar with this site, I'll post some pics.. and I'm sure I'll have more questions..

this is by far my fastest rc.. it has a posiden 1250 kv with a 300a dual cool esc by kosmic...a 40 t spur with a 45t all stainless steel pinion..on 8 cellsofna gt2.jpg

Last edited:
what should the length be of the tubing going from the exhaust outlet to the fuel tank..? short as possible w no stress or longer in a gathered S shape.? does it make a difference.. thx.. looking forward to getting back in the hobby.. I have an older OFNA World's GT.. thx for the help

You don't want an over kill on length ,as it doesn't improve any tune or performance in that area ,however ,the tube is very very
important to supply pressure to the tank ,with out pressure or a proper seal on the tank or loss of pressure ,you will not get a
proper tune!
Always make sure there is no restrictions on the tube from the muffler to the tank ,an make sure the tank will hold pressure an
that the tank lid seals are good.
Some times the manufactures will use a nipple on the muffler for the tube ,some times the tube just slides in a hole in the muffler ,
make sure that the nipple is not plugged or if the tube simply slides in the muffler ,make sure that the end of the tube is cut in
an angle so that it doesn't bottom out in the muffler an plug itself off!.....:cool:

Some would put a decent amount of fuel line on a savage, but never really seemed to matter if I ran short or long for the pressure line. The lines on my savage are way longer than the ones on my revos, just because of where the tank is in relation to the pipe/carb. The revo pressure line is like 3 inches with the fuel line being relatively long as I have it wrapped around one of the roll bar legs, probably 8 inches or so as well as an associated primer bulb.

thx for the input.. I posted another question in rc nitro about my needles.. need a little help there also.. thx again

here it is with what I think is a little long pressure tubing

Attachments

• 20191020_120828.jpg
    20191020_120828.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 121
Length of tubing is far less important than the flow of it. That loop is pointless, I would get rid of that - it looks like it's causing more of a pinch than if you just arced it straight to the muffler from the tank.

Back