Fuel Toxicity and Fuel Tube Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LzChase

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So long story short, I spilled nitro fuel on my arm, which resulted in that it ran down into my protective glove. I have a 1-cm long cut on that hand. I rinsed with running water and soap, but due to the cut I wonder if it would be a good time to find a doctor due to the well known risk of eye damage.

Now the reason for the spill is that the fuel tube keeps popping off, spraying fuel everywhere. how may I solve this as it is not exactly practical?

Sounds like either there is a small split in the fuel line or its stretched. I would just snip the end of it off and reinstall it.

used to have an evader that would do that, no idea why. think i did a combination of roughing up the outlet with a piece of sandpaper, you are not wanting to remove material, just just enough to get a texture on it. and using a fuel tube clamp. (i think dubro made the clamps.)
i dont know if there is a risk of eye damage from it getting in a cut, i know hovering over the fumes as it burns, and getting it splashed in your eye is not good though.

Unless you drank the fuel, which is how the eye damage usually occurs (dates back to the old moonshiner days) you're fine. And I'm sure I've ingested very small amounts from blowing into fuel lines, etc, and I'm still fine. Fix that fuel leak ASAP though.

Your arm will eventually rot off ,the bright side ,your tank holds good pressure!.....:thumbs-up:

They sell the little snap rings for the tubing!

Now the reason for the spill is that the fuel tube keeps popping off, spraying fuel everywhere. how may I solve this as it is not exactly practical?
Use a thin piece of wire and twist it around the base of the tube where it slips off. Kind of like a twist tie on a bread wrapper. Use needle nose pliers to make sure it holds good and tight.