Fuel Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlehorse

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got a revo 3.3 yesterday and the owner always ran it on %15 airplane fuel.
is that bad for it? He said it was better cause it had extra lubrication.

Well the manual says you can run 10, 20, or 33% fuel but most everyone runs at least 20%. Might as well get whatever power you can out of it so get ya some 20 or 25% that has a blend of oil that is castor and synthetic.

Not sure it's "better" or not, if ran properly, 10-12% lube is plenty. More just makes more of a mess and lessens the power you get out of it. 12-14% lube is perfect for a basher.

I run byron's race 25% fuel and I think it has 10 or 11% oil, it runs great for me in my 3.3.

i have always ran Model Technics 20-25% Big Bang fuel has 10% oil in it & had no problems tuning or running ( only fuel my LHS sells - UK ) luckily for me its pretty cheap

Thanks for the replies. Guess I will pick up some 20% .

Is it 15% nitro or 15% oil? My guess is it's 15% nitro and 18% oil. That's way too much oil. If I were you I'd do like Olds said and run 10-12% oil content and at least 20% nitro.

Your gonna notice big power improvements the higher nitro content you run. 15% is fine in the air because the planes have no resistance. On the ground you need at least 20% nitro or better for best performance. As long as you keep a good tune on it and always see a smoke trail the engine is getting plenty of lubrication. I see more smoke running 30% with 10% oil then i did running 20% with 16% oil. Due to tuning it a bit rich and still having great response and performance.

Yeah it was like 18% oil. Believe me youcould see it all over backhalf of truck.
Took me 2 hours just take apart and clean back 4 inches of truck.

I am going to go to a 20% nitro if I cam ever get th
e ez start wand ordered.
Thanks for all the help fellas. Been out of hobby for many years so many more questions to come

Pick your self up a dubro exhaust deflector. It will keep your truck a lot cleaner.

Where can I find one those at?

It has one the rubber ones on it. Thought you meant something else my bad.
Going to LHS thus weekend to see what fuel they stock.

Alot of LHS are starting to carrie VP fuel ...I ran it all summer in my OS.12 , SH.18 , 8.0 , picco JL.26 , LRP.32 mostly in the LRP.32 and so far it's been great no tuning probs good power with good temps .
$25 a gal , if your LHS has some give it a try
100_2882-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I love the VP fuels and have run probably 5 gallons of it with no problems at all!

Traxxas makes an extender that fits on the stinger of all of the pipes they make for the Revo. It is usually zip-tied to the end of the stinger. It doez help keep the truck cleaner.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

plus one on the VP fuel, i have been using it for over a year now in both my Maxx's and i love it !

Hobby lobby the only place within an hour and half drive only carries
blue thunder at $40 a gallon and $25 a quart.
Can it be ordered online these days or do I have to spend $40 I'm gas to drive somewhere else?
Thanks