Fuel Filters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guy's : I was wondering if anyone use's Fuel Filters on there Rig's I was working on my T-MAXX & Bullet MT last night on Upgrades. I have 2 Fuel Filters on hand & I was thinking weather I should install them. My bashing buddy said theres No reason to intall the Fuel Filters on a NITRO Rig. I somewhat agreed with him to a point but I said it wouldent be a bad thing either & protect the engine too. My buddy say's I will lose FLOW into the engine & my Tune's will be off... What's everyones take on this I can also give the Filters away to a guy that run's a Losi Fi5ve @ my HS off road track " if i dont see a need to keep them on hand"

I would consider your buddy less than accurate. You do not loose any flow from installing a filter. You will also stand less of a chance of getting dirt particles into your motor which in turn may cause it to blow up as nitro motors dont run on dirt/mud. I can't recall too many rigs (Rolex excluded) that when you are in the middle of a bash session that dont have any dirt or mud on them that may get into your fueltank and thusly into your motor.

Long story short you loose no performance from installing a filter and you can never over filter a fuel. I run a fueltank filter (most rigs have this already installed) and I typically run the Dynamite filter as well.

If your fuel tank doesn't have a built in filter I would definitely install one....I have no problem tuning my rigs with filters on them. If your tank has a filter on it I would imagine that you can still run an additional inline filter without issue.

i use big daddy filters on my Maxx and have no problems with them! small investment in an effort to keep your nitro motor from getting dirt in it ! it will not effect fuel flow or your tune !

I use two filters on my on road car. i have one inline from the tank to the motor, and the other inline from the exhaust pipe to the tank. It's mounted on my front suspention cross bar to get direct air from a hole i cut out in the front of the body to help cool returning air to the fuel tank. Worth the small price to pay to help protect your engine!

Back