FTX banzai drift upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 48P and Mod1 are 2 different types of "pitch" measurements for gears. Which just means the pitch tells you how many teeth a gear has along 1 inch of its circumference. So a 48P gear has 48 teeth per inch. Mod1 is a metric measurement and while its not directly convertable to teeth per inch/CM if you had a chart you could look up and see that Mod1 is about 25Teeth per inch roughly if my memory serves me correctly. You car appears to use 48P. However, I can't tell you that for sure. Since you are using the CM side of the ruler I'm going to assume you're not from the US so its possible the kit uses Mod .6 gears since that is a proper metric measurement system. 48P and Mod .6 are very close in size but are not the same and therefore are not compatible. You'll have to do some googling to find out which it uses. either way though the appropriate size motor shaft for 48P and Mod .6 is a 3mm shaft.

So that was to clear up the confusion on gears (hopefully lol) but heres where I have to say "Just dont waste your money." First off that RC is running a "brushed" motor and ESC and uses "NiMH"/"NiCD" packs which is a lot less powerful than "brushless" and "Lipo" batteries. That means that it wasn't designed to handle the power of a brushless system. Putting one in it may result in tearing up other pieces on the car, especially the driveline. Given the unknown brand (or at least its unknown to me) and the age of the kit (it looks to be pretty old) I would say trying to put a brushless system in this kit even if you dont try and do speed runs will just break it and then you'll probably find yourself eventually in a situation where you can't find replacement parts for it. Dropping a big beefy Castle Motor/ESC combo in this kit is a lot like trying to polish a turd. I dont mean to be disrespectful or rude but its true. At least from my perspective. My best advice would be to either just fix this one up and use it as it was meant to be used or instead of spending that money on the Castle system first invest in a newer RC that has the capability and after market part support to support what you want to do with the kit. That being said its your money do with it as you please :)

As for servos the first 2 you linked are for 5th scale. You want one thats 25kg. Id recommend a servo from Savox like THIS one but if you go with banggood you want the 25KG servo.

As for a temp gun any generic one from banggood will suffice. You could use something like THIS1 or THIS2. Either of those should work fine
Thank you for this informative conversation, learned a lot :)

Sorry I assumed it was old since it was so dirty and I wasn't aware of the brand. If you can get replacement parts then go brushless with it. :)

Back