Front has more power than rear?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage24x

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I replaced the spider gears in the rear, that didn't fix it. No visible wear on the outer gears of the diff. Both wheels are free, no rubbing or grinding. Maybe rear drive shaft? Or transmission? Transmission doesn't make sense to me since it's a single output shaft; so I've basically voted that out.

We need a better explanation. What makes you think there's more power to the front than to the rear?

The rear spins as well as the front, but the front is ballooning and dragging the rear with it, per say.

Gotta be the spider gears, rear right is slow and rear left is fine.

Could very well be bad wheel bearings putting a load on one or both rear wheels.
If you hold it on the ground and the front spins but not the rear, then start looking for a broken drive shaft pin to the rears.

Diff oil leaked out from front or rear diff? Maybe more power going to one over the other?

I tore apart the diff again and it was the diff cup holding the spider gears. The plastic got eaten up a little.

So I was wrong this whole time. The diff was fine. Stripped hex adapter. Okay, I can be pretty stupid sometimes, but this has reached a whole new level :D

Back