Front End Alignment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paramaniac

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Howdy,

I've followed the directions in the manual for aligning my Revo and it still wants to drift to the right. I've set the trim to zero on the controller before you ask.

Is there a trick to this?

make sure when the controler is set to 0 the arm on the steering servo is also centered. If you have done any work up there, make sure the tierods are the same length and you dont have two different toe settings.

He's exactly right.
One more thing I would add after you check all the above...
You will want to remove the arm from the steering servo, center the servo with the trim knob, then reinstall the arm with the front wheels facing straight ahead. After all that is correct, any minor adjustments can be made with the trim knob on the Transmitter.

The trim knob is just that, it's a fine tuning knob that lets you overcome any alignment issues with the mechanical linkage. Once you get the mechanical parts as close as you can, adjusting the trim will let you get it tracking straight.

Make sure you have the bump steer set according to the caster you are running. It's in the manual as well. If it's not right the truck will toe out on acceleration and toe in under braking. Also check out your suspension linkage for and bent rocker posts or pushrods.

Back