Front aluminum caster block twisted out of control arm on RWD Rustler.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I must have hit something low, going fast, as the right front caster block torqued its way out of the space on the control arm, and slid off the screw. I have aluminum casters, spindles, and plastic RPM control arms. Any way to prevent this?

Stop trying to change me! I was boss of the track before that. Upon closer inspection, I snapped the left front lower shock absorber ball joint. I did a gymnastic maneuver sometime before that, a handspring, cartwheel, tumble, twist, and nailed the landing. Could have won me the bronze at least. I was whole until the curb intervention. Bent that spindle pin a bit too.

Not sure if you can, but instead of running an uncaptured pin on my stampede 4x4, I found some long 12.9 bolts that had the unthreaded portion just long enough to go clear through, then left about 1-2mm of space for a spacer then a locknut. Stops them from popping off:
2020-0603-stampede-50mmBoltForFrontCHub.jpg

Back