FrankenMicro!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, in leu of buying a longer DT chassis, I figured I'd futz around a bit with some light gauge steel and my micro-t. I added about an inch to it's length between the esc and rear shock tower.

I did this primarily so I could run micro raminator tires on it with an AAA saddle pack that I made. She won't win any beauty contests, but it sure runs a long time and is fast! May need to upgrade the shocks to some that have oil as I understand they are a bit stiffer and don't do a lot on the stocker. With the added weight mine has, I'm sure they will compress.

Anyway, poke fun if you wish. I enjoyed working on it though. Made it handle jumps a lot better and pretty much killed my wheelie problem. It takes off at WOT now in a straight line and really cooks.

The original with AAA's:
2008-1124-MicroTWAAAsLeft.jpg

The raminators on the rear:
2008-1206-MicroTAAARaminatorBearingsAxles03.jpg

The extension plate:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBottom.jpg

A brace on top to keep it from bending on landings:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBraceSide.jpg

2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBraceTop2.jpg

And for the concourse, really butchered body:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodySide.jpg

2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodyTop.jpg

Looks ok from the front though, this is what the cat will see coming at it!
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodyFront.jpg

I forgot and left it on last night, so the battery is dead... charging now, I'll try to run a full pack through it to see how long it lasts. Best guess so far is 30+ minutes of cat chasing.

Upgrades:
axles with nuts
bearings all around
Atomic II motor with bearings
ziptie front tierods
raminator tires/wheels

Last edited:
Dude that looks killer!!! Just between you and me..... How much would you take for it?? :hehe: JK!!

Well, I just finished running it around the house for 1 hour and 20 minutes on one charge... So, the AAA's definitely add a ridiculous amount of run time. Between the stronger motor, bearings, taller tires to avoid drag from the carpet, it really added up.

Took a vid of it... I know, LAME-O...

I think I need to get some of those oil shocks though. Pretty bouncy on the landings.

I'll upload it on youtube as well, but here's a direct link:
FrankenMicro

youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
thats pretty cool, truck looks sick, kind of mel gipson, road warrior look to it.

Around 1:36 looks like the cat gave up and just looked at it. lol

Updated original post image links and reposted here as I can't edit the original post:

Well, in leu of buying a longer DT chassis, I figured I'd futz around a bit with some light gauge steel and my micro-t. I added about an inch to it's length between the esc and rear shock tower.

I did this primarily so I could run micro raminator tires on it with an AAA saddle pack that I made. She won't win any beauty contests, but it sure runs a long time and is fast! May need to upgrade the shocks to some that have oil as I understand they are a bit stiffer and don't do a lot on the stocker. With the added weight mine has, I'm sure they will compress.

Anyway, poke fun if you wish. I enjoyed working on it though. Made it handle jumps a lot better and pretty much killed my wheelie problem. It takes off at WOT now in a straight line and really cooks.

The original with AAA's:
2008-1124-MicroTWAAAsLeft.jpg

The raminators on the rear:
2008-1206-MicroTAAARaminatorBearingsAxles03.jpg

The extension plate:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBottom.jpg

A brace on top to keep it from bending on landings:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBraceSide.jpg

2008-1221-MicroTExtendedPlateBraceTop2.jpg

And for the concourse, really butchered body:
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodySide.jpg

2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodyTop.jpg

Looks ok from the front though, this is what the cat will see coming at it!
2008-1221-MicroTExtendedBodyFront.jpg

I forgot and left it on last night, so the battery is dead... charging now, I'll try to run a full pack through it to see how long it lasts. Best guess so far is 30+ minutes of cat chasing.

Upgrades:
axles with nuts
bearings all around
Atomic II motor with bearings
ziptie front tierods
raminator tires/wheels

Video from second post:

Back