for my girlfriends car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadey26 ntc3

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what engine do you recomend for my girlfriends car, I bought a tc3 with a stock ae motor from the recycler paper. the guy who had the car bought it never had one in his life blew the motor and sold it for 100 dollars mint cond, what motor would anybody recomend thats cheap, and wont break the bank 100 or so. that will drop right in . any help app:thumbup:

pullstart, anything that wont be a prob for her . she is always saying that i dont have time for her because i am allways playing with my car, so there is no excuse now :cheerful: speed is not in issue

You can get a new piston/sleeve for that motor for like $50
it would probably last her forever( call hobby people)

or a os CV like eddy says they're good motors for under $85 at tower

OS is always a good choice.

...just detune the carb a bit so she's not quite as fast as you...:thumbup:

you can probably rebuild it for less than 40 dollars. your lhs should have the parts and proper instructions on the rebuild.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Does she have an interest in RCs.
Several years ago I thought my wife would enjoy driving. She comes to all the races and hangs for the day. I assumed she wanted to race as well but was quite wrong. She just liked to come check out all the fat dudes at the track.

Lesson:
Ask if shes interested first.

-Ed

ed yeah she is interested she been saying she wanted one for a while. I dont think a 15 cv-x will keep up with a novarossi mt12. I hope :cheers: thank for all the information that i have receive , it is very helpful:ale: