flooded back plate???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Boy

aka: gunit
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, is it possible to flood your back plate on a engine????? help would be great!

g unit :boxing:

Anything is possible.
Are you having flooding issues or are you just in search of general info?

If your having problems please be descriptive and we will try to help.

-Ed

????

i can't seem to get my engine started. phoned my hobby store with the symptoms==== my glow plug is fine and my glow plug starter is fine took my glow plug out and pulled my pull start to get rid of fuel, but pull start is still a bit tight. and it still fills flooded. local hobby store said my back plate was flooded????????? it is a bb 21 (savage)

thats mess up, best thing to do it pop fuel lin off carb take plug out and maybe tip it upside down flush it out like you're were doin, but if its pulling hard, prolly is you're back plate, maybe pop of you're pull start and take of backing plate see what causing resistance if it gets bad, just get fuel outta ther, ok maybe try that.

I've never heard that one... or experianced it.

Is the engine new? Are you in the break in process? What engine is it?

I had a buddy with this problem,there is a pin in the crank where the connecting rod attaches that rest inside the piece of crank that goes through the backplate,It had fell out and the con. rod was binding.The pin was laying loose in the engine right behind the back plate.I fixed it before it caused any damage,if this had been unnoticed the con. rod would have egged or broken at the crank. Its not a flooded backplate?

Last edited:
cheers guys

thanks for the help! i found the problem--it was my twin tank mod stuffing up the fuel.

thanks g unit

Back