flm shock towers help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoitsjus10

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i ordered the flm shock tower for 25 bucks at rc run
just received it today and i only got one i figured they would come in pairs..am i right or am i wrong i feel like i got jipped someone tell me this is right or wrong..dont mind getting another one just want to confirm its only comes with one thanks

just received it today and i only got one i figured they would come in pairs..am i right or am i wrong i feel like i got jipped someone tell me this is right or wrong..dont mind getting another one just want to confirm its only comes with one thanks

Some are sold in pairs other sellers sell them individually. At $25.00 I would think that's about the right price. Generally they are around $45-$50 in pairs.

Just my opinion.

If you can I'd send that an get a refund
For $35 you can get a pair of UE knucklehead shocktowers. Made out of stronger aluminum and weigh half of the FLM ones

Just my opinion.

If you can I'd send that an get a refund
For $35 you can get a pair of UE knucklehead shocktowers. Made out of stronger aluminum and weigh half of the FLM ones

Where can I find these UE knucklehead towers for $35.00

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store/10119.html
34$ for two towers

$45 for the kit with shock
Standoffs and hardware

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store/10102.html

There really light. I held
Both these and the FLM towers in each of
My hands and the knuckleheads feel like their under 1/2 the weight

Yah I have one set of these on a rig now. The price sure has came down. And yes they are lighter then the FLM. The only reason I like the FLM is they have a wider range of adjustment for diff shock setups. I really wish UE would start putting maxx parts back into production there stuff is about the best out there.

He is starting to come back with some of the old stuff. He just released a emaxx chassis. He's talking about possibly bringing back the VBS too

35 bucks for the pair
does that come with hardware too?
do i need to buy the whole kit

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

35 bucks for the pair

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

f it i live and learn i like flm with there backing up warranty ill just get another pair... not for a wing mount since i dont wanna make a nother careless mistake what complete wing and wing mount will fit on my flm towers
if possible links to what i really need

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

ill jus order another one
along with a wing mount once i get a confirm mount

35 bucks for the pair

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

35 bucks for the pair

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

f it i live and learn i like flm with there backing up warranty ill just get another pair... not for a wing mount since i dont wanna make a nother careless mistake what complete wing and wing mount will fit on my flm towers
if possible links to what i really need

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

ill jus order another one
along with a wing mount once i get a confirm mount

The knucklehead racer X towers are more with the hardware kit. he attached the link for the hardware kit.

ok .. yeah i decided to just order another flm i dont wanna go through the hassle of shipping it back..
I'm looking for a link on what wing and mount should i use that would fit on here and if theres any mods what do i have to do

ok .. yeah i decided to just order another flm i dont wanna go through the hassle of shipping it back..
I'm looking for a link on what wing and mount should i use that would fit on here and if theres any mods what do i have to do

The techno Rc tmaxx wing mount fits the FLM also.

Hulk maxx was there
any special bolts or screws or modifications i need to do

Hulk maxx was there
any special bolts or screws or modifications i need to do

Nope wing mount comes with everything except the wing. I think you can get the techno for around $20.00 off of ebay. wings can be had for around $12.00 on up depending what you want. I like the traxxas wings they seem to look better on a 1/10th scale rig like the #4910 maxx truck

FLM are the shizzle! UE are.... well... not so much. they require round body posts. They are simply old and outdated design.

Guess I was wrong there is some modification, required. Here are some pics. I decided to go ahead and mount mine up for my race Maxx build. You have to drill a couple extra holes. Also, had to grind the inside of the top of the tower to get the shims to clear. Hope this helps.

View attachment 12689

View attachment 12690

View attachment 12691

Last edited:
The postbu have uses the squreposts now hopefully i can bolt my round posts on them

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Was there any special or extra bolts i needed other then drilling two holes
And do i need to drill the top holes or bottom.sorry dor all the questions just hate getting into snags

The postbu have uses the squreposts now hopefully i can bolt my round posts on them

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Was there any special or extra bolts i needed other then drilling two holes
And do i need to drill the top holes or bottom.sorry dor all the questions just hate getting into snags

Man the only way to learn is to ask questions that's what everyone is here for. As for the holes I drilled they are the ones toward the bottom. Its the ones used to mount the bottom plates for the wing mount itself. It is easy to figure out once you get all the parts and to a mock up. As for the body post I would just get a set of the newer 3.3 maxx body post that are square shank they are cheap man prob 5 bucks on ebay.

You have a link on where to find the wing mount sites I went to say back order r discontinued