Flashing red light on Tamiya ESC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwassell

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Dear Forum Members,

I wonder if you can help.

I am having problems with a Tamiya TBLE-02S Electronic Speed Controller connected to a Carson Reflex Pro 2 receiver where the ESC flashes red.

Even though I try calibrating the throttle setup, that process does not succeed and it still flashes red with no response when operating the remote control.

I've read the manual a dozen times. I've tried Googling and watching videos on YouTube. And despite others making it look so simple, for me it just doesn't work.

It makes me wonder if something is wrong with the ESC but I don't know how to tell for definite?

I am really stuck and hope that someone might be able to guide me in the right direction.

I've recorded a video on YouTube that shows the issue and with more information

If the link doesn't appear, if you go to YouTube and search for "Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC Issues" you will find my video in the list.

Many thanks for your help and I hope my outcome will help others which is why I wanted to put it on YouTube.

Rob
As an addition to the above, one of the things I did observe is that the Carson Reflex 2 Pro receiver is also flashing and after watching other videos I did notice that others receivers were static. This makes me think that the transmitter is not bound to the receiver.

I checked the Carson Reflex 2 Pro LCD manual and it merely shows a finger near the transmitter and simply says bind the transmitter to the car, but there is no bind button on the receiver. So if it because I need to bind it, I don't even know how to do that and can't find out either.

So, still stuck.
Regards,

Rob

flashing red is low voltage protection. charge battery and see what happens.

Thank you so much, it was the battery.

Even though I had charged the battery the behaviour was the same, but, it is an old battery and I think it must be faulty.

I have tried with a different, freshly charged battery and it is working.

Such a simple and obvious solution.

Thank you for your reply.

Rob

Back