First upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I took my brushes slash back to the hobby shop and traded it in for the 4x4 brushless and picked up a 2s Lipo 7400 pack. Sooo much fun. Only thing that happened was I blew the shock cap off within the first 20 minutes. 1 hour and $40 later I came back with some aluminum shock caps and 2 sets of blue rpm a arms.

Glad I went back for the brushless
I’ll post updates when repairs and upgrades are done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 131
2's are good ,3s a thrill!.....:woohoo:

I’m starting with the 2s for now. I figure the less speed the less I’ll break for now till I can afford it.

Got a great deal on the truck $389. Plus $75 for the Traxxas 4amp charger and 7400 2s all brand new. Takes a while to charge but for the price it was great deal. But somehow the lcg chassis and on board audio version. It’s not what I asked for but that’s what I got. Seems like they messed up but I did t say anything

I really like the lcg chassis but the on board audio is stupid and weighs a lot. Really wish they would have given me the regular body for it.

I’m starting with the 2s for now. I figure the less speed the less I’ll break for now till I can afford it.

Got a great deal on the truck $389. Plus $75 for the Traxxas 4amp charger and 7400 2s all brand new. Takes a while to charge but for the price it was great deal. But somehow the lcg chassis and on board audio version. It’s not what I asked for but that’s what I got. Seems like they messed up but I did t say anything

I really like the lcg chassis but the on board audio is stupid and weighs a lot. Really wish they would have given me the regular body for it.

Yea ,my 3's took a dump ,I only have 2 2's left ,I may not get another 3 an just stay with the 2!

After all ,if its a thrill ,then it may kill!.....Have fun!....:thumbs-up:

Can you de-tune a Traxxas Slash by using a lower punch setting or turning down your throttle dual rate? If so I'd probably do that and invest in the 3s batteries. My Traxxas is only rated to 2S and for what it is that's fine. If I want to have serious fun, then the Arrma's come out

Ok looks like I’ll be picking up a 3s soon. I have to see what all the hype is about lol. I needed the 2s anyways cuz my stampede is the brushed version. Been having so much fun with the slash the stampede got kicked to the curb for now

Can you de-tune a Traxxas Slash by using a lower punch setting or turning down your throttle dual rate? If so I'd probably do that and invest in the 3s batteries. My Traxxas is only rated to 2S and for what it is that's fine. If I want to have serious fun, then the Arrma's come out
I don't think so. All you can really do is put it in "training" mode, but that really limits it in general to about half power. Which negates going to 3S at all. The vxl-3s esc just has 3 modes you can choose:
Profile #1 (Sport Mode): 100% Forward, 100% Brakes, 100% Reverse
Profile #2 (Race Mode): 100% Forward, 100% Brakes, No Reverse
Profile #3 (Training Mode): 50% Forward, 100% Brakes, 50% Reverse

Only thing training mode is good for is my 16 year old brother. Sometimes I feel like he aims for the steel fence posts on purpose!
Wasn’t a total loss though. Good excuse to tell my wife so I upgrade to aluminum caster blocks

But I reckon Training Mode is a better option than running 2S IMO. You get the same benefit of running 2S and yet you don't then need to buy another set of batteries when ready to go 3S

Back