First Toy Advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s cool but where is the custom builds??
Oh, I missed this. The Kraton needs nothing. I really love it just the way it is. It ain't a purdy truck. If it was I wouldn't want to drive her the way she likes it 😜

My custom things are all in my build threads. None of them fit this thread.

I hate to write this, and maybe I sound like a party pooper or a buzz killer, but is there some argument to be made that perhaps he would best try something smaller for start, maybe in 10th scale, as a first RC? And again, I don’t wanna be a total bummer, but what if he just loses interest?

Of course, I made the opposite mistake for MY first RC. I bought a brushed Traxxas Slash. Too 2wd. Too brushed. I’m not sure, but I think I bought a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec right after that, and never looked back. The Slash is the only RC I ever sold. BUT PLEASE, no hate mail from loyal Slash owners; it’s probably ME, not your beloved truck. And it’s all down to personal taste: I love the way the Nitro 4-Tec drives! People always used to dump on it though — before it became totally irrelevant. Probably love it because I’m not tracking it.

Back