First tmaxx project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John connor

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought a tmaxx 3.3 all stock for 150 got it tuned and broke the steering servo and front bulkhead

This is my first rc project and my first post about my truck

I'm new to this hobby and interested I'm going to try to post pictures

I ordered a hitec servo for my steering all metal
And aluminum front bulkheads

I'm not sure if the 3.3 will hold up a lot or I should get another engine and I didn't like how the stock pipe blew oil on my wheel so I rednecked some copper tubing out the back I did have a dual exhaust out the back but was told it won't work with the 3.3 (after it been running fine with it on) new pictures when I make progress

Open for ideas :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 193
Made progress on the demo of my front end and like always I found something else broken lol

Found my a arm joints(?) exposed
Plastic Skid plate is destroyed lol
It's a mess going to do a deep cleaning as I install more parts bare with me lol

Having trouble with attaching pictures (working from iphone)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 172
Nice! You are already well on your way, lol...if your mobile mostly, download the tapatalk app,uploading pics will be instant and simple

Good job on the rebuild, if you plan on keeping it for awhile, you might want to buy 2 of everything!:D

Thanks man going to check it out today while at work no days off here lol

Good job on the rebuild, if you plan on keeping it for awhile, you might want to buy 2 of everything!:D
I plan on all aluminum except the a arms like Johnny cash sang "one piece at a time" lol

---------- Post added at 7:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:07 AM ----------

Got tapatalk I like the interface very well testing uploads

upynu6ys.jpg

Ball joints don't look to good
9evyzasa.jpg

My broken bulkhead :(

You will need to replace the axle carrier soon if not now. Get part # 5344R when you need to replace, they have steel rings to reinforce to ball cup joint and help prevent the pivot ball from popping out and stretching/breaking the cup joints.

Stock bulkhead breakage is common on a Maxx platform and to be expected, if you haven’t ordered yet I recommend ACNCM aluminum bulks (ebay) as the best low cost bulks. Stock skid plates work well with aluminum bulks, aluminum skids will always bend. Stock skids with RPM wear plates are a good combo to run.

I ordered team integy bulks last night didn't have many bad reviews

Since I have the front end tore apart and everything apart this would be a good chance to check each part and replace/upgrade

Id like to have all aluminum parts but I know some parts do bad more than good

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Hotrod thanks for referring me to this app it makes it a breeze

Integy bulks? Uff da!

1526133_732183800126904_98606825_n.jpg

Last edited:
What's wrong with integy

Hit or miss, usually a miss.... Not a very good brand name for a structural part.
If you can cancel the order it would be in your best interest to order the ACNCM bulks or another brand. If your stuck with them, good luck, some have had decent results with them, others not good at all.

I had bad experiences with Integy along with many other members here.
Crappy customer service and sub standard quality aluminum. Bend it like butter, buddy.

Integy has a reputation of making, ummmm, soft as butter parts. You may have good luck with them. But I would have a set of stock bulks on hand just in case. With this being your first build I would encourage you to experiment a bit, even with Integy parts. You want to see what works for you and the way you drive and use your car. For me, I can't use a wheely bar, just gets in the way while others say they wont run without it. The Maxx has probably thousands of ways to build it up, just play around and find the way that YOU like best. I will continue to follow. And do not be afraid to ask ANY questions. Even if you think it is something stupid and trivial. Shaun

Oh ok well my order got shipped already but not a big deal I'm going to get set up for the acncm bulks and what's a good brand for shock towers

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Anything bad about aluminum chassis braces??

RPM towers. I like them because they are durable, and not to expensive. You said you like aluminum parts but with these you do want them to be able to flex a bit when you roll or crash, aluminum will just bend. IMO, Shaun

Aluminum Shock towers, FLM or UE (unlimited engineering) knucklehead towers. I prefer the K-head towers but flm towers do well also and have a good replacement policy.
I prefer not to use RPM towers as they flex too much (personal choice). You probably couldn’t bend a K-head tower if you tried, if you did you would have more to repair than the tower.:)

You will also want new hinge pins for aluminum bulks (e-clip style if you didn’t know) or you will have to install the lower pins backwards into the arms during assembly which makes it a pita when the need removed.

Good aluminum chassis braces are a +, New Era has a good set for the extended chassis you have.

Rule of thumb with a TMaxx: Aluminum down the center, plastic on the corners.

What's a good site to order rc parts from I'm limited only to amazon :(

Always try and by from the local hobby shop if possible, for me alot of stuff I buy from ebay

The closest one around me just closed down online is my only option atm

Tower hobbies
A main
Are 2 I've used olong with ebay, there are many rc stores on the bay, can't remember who I've used