first mgt, worst issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racingluxury

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a very annoying issue. The truck starts but only after I prime it up with a few pumps. Then it dies in a few seconds. Seems like right after the fuel that was pumped into the carb is burnt the truck dies. It's spits out plenty of oil and smoke. I've tried leaning it out and adjusting all three needles but no luck to keep it running for more then 10 seconds. Any suggestions please?

I would definitely go back to factory settings. Check your idle gap.

I would definitely go back to factory settings. Check your idle gap.

I reset all 3 needless to factory settings and last night used a gasket maker to seal the carb and high speed needle. I'm going go fire up today to see if it improves. Thanks though.

1. Start with a new glow plug, 2. new fuel line ditch the primer bulb I know there awesome but badly prone to air leaks, 3. Check the fuel line inside the fuel tank, make sure it hasn't became un attached from the pickup inside the tank.(Happened to me several times) 4. I know you said you've already done it but sealing up the engine is the best thing you can do for one of these Thunder tiger engines, there very prone to air leaks also.

1. Start with a new glow plug, 2. new fuel line ditch the primer bulb I know there awesome but badly prone to air leaks, 3. Check the fuel line inside the fuel tank, make sure it hasn't became un attached from the pickup inside the tank.(Happened to me several times) 4. I know you said you've already done it but sealing up the engine is the best thing you can do for one of these Thunder tiger engines, there very prone to air leaks also.

I'm ordering new plugs and already got new lines for nitro. I'm not dealing with those fuel pump stuff anymore. How you tell the line inside the tank is detached?

Remove your fuel tank. Pull the cap open and check the fuel feed line that is attached to the built in stone filter, it hooks into the fuel pickup on the side of the tank. I had these crack on me a lot. Truck would run awesome with a full tank. As soon as it would get a little low it would lean out and quit.

Remove your fuel tank. Pull the cap open and check the fuel feed line that is attached to the built in stone filter, it hooks into the fuel pickup on the side of the tank. I had these crack on me a lot. Truck would run awesome with a full tank. As soon as it would get a little low it would lean out and quit.

Thanks man. Today I started it up and it seems very lean. I adjusted the high speed needle but it didn't do much. Then I adjusted the mixture needle and it calmed down a bit but as soon as I ran it for 20 secs, it died out. This thing is hard to keep on idle without it dying. I used the controller to trim up the idle and adjusted the idle needle but no luck. I'll check the tank tomorrow.

You really shouldn't have to use your trim to adjust your idle. You should set your trim to 0 or right in the middle. Pull you throttle servo top where your linkages are and pull throttle wide open, then full brake. Make sure your carb slide is completely closed then adjust from there.

You really shouldn't have to use your trim to adjust your idle. You should set your trim to 0 or right in the middle. Pull you throttle servo top where your linkages are and pull throttle wide open, then full brake. Make sure your carb slide is completely closed then adjust from there.

Good idea. Thanks man. I'll try that tomorrow. Got home too late tonight.

I'm going to run it today and let you know. Thanks again