First good bash with mini Slash

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Finally had a chance to get some consecutive runs in with the mini Slash. Swapped to the small pinion and ran the truck with the batteries in series for the first time. What an insane little truck. It's a bit sketchy making steering inputs to such a small vehicle that's going so fast, but you do get used to it. After getting used to how narrow the truck is, I found that keeping it up on all fours was pretty easy and it jumps smooth and level with the small pinion and the batteries wired parallel. I hit a 1 foot tall jump over and over again, sailing between 15 and 35 feet with no problems. The truck struggled a bit on the harder landings, the shocks could definitely use some thicker fluid. I'm thinking the same with the diffs. I really wouldn't know where to start with fluid thickness though. Any suggestions? I was thinking trying the next two thicknesses up from stock. I'd like it to push through the corners a little more. As far as durability, I would recommend this thing for that reason alone. It's a stout little package, just watch those temps when running the batteries in series. They climb fairly fast. A couple of teeth smaller on the pinion would probably solve this and retain a pretty intense top speed.

Last edited:
Pics sure would have been nice....gosh. I've not ran a 1/16th slash, just the erevo, does it seem unpredictable in the air or can you correct it easily?

I need to start a photo bucket account. I wasn't doing anything too exciting; just a smaller jump to a flat landing in the yard. If you hit a jump with steady throttle, it sails as level as can be. It's when you have to goose it, things get a little interesting. The nose will come way up and it's a pretty narrow window of opportunity to correct with the brakes.

Back