First Ever 4x4 Traxxas Bandit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok time to start this build i will be ordering these starting parts soon definitely befkre the weekend there will be a video out on it right away but yeah I'm going to be building the worlds first 4wd bandit I'm trying to build it just out of traxxas parts so anyone can copy my instructions and build one also 100 subscriber giveway soon it will be some Addict Rc stickers so go sub and enter also if anyone has 4x4 parts that can sell them on ebay cheap hit me up

A927B527-5F11-49DE-BC8A-04CFC5800DDD.png

D78DF0F2-FE69-45A1-8E4D-E92340408843.png

5AA34A0A-D3F6-4215-AA88-4B7DF34D2B13.png

ok time to start this build i will be ordering these starting parts soon definitely befkre the weekend there will be a video out on it right away but yeah I'm going to be building the worlds first 4wd bandit I'm trying to build it just out of traxxas parts so anyone can copy my instructions and build one also 100 subscriber giveway soon it will be some Addict Rc stickers so go sub and enter also if anyone has 4x4 parts that can sell them on ebay cheap hit me up

View attachment 151065

View attachment 151066

View attachment 151067
Easier option, although it may not be cheaper, just turn a 4X4 Rustler into a Bandit.

Addict RC sticker drawing? I'm in for that. A set of them on the MT would look great. Good luck on your Bandit project.

If I could be so bold as to make a suggestion, perhaps do the initial build using stock components. They're cheaper than upgrades. Until you get the basic layout working. Them begin swapping in bling and upgrades. Just a thought based on my experience. Cheers and Regards. 'AC'

Easier option, although it may not be cheaper, just turn a 4X4 Rustler into a Bandit.
yes but I'm broke and it will be only $200 or just about without electronics on jennys rc
Good luck with that
thanks
Wow. This should be interesting!
it will be
Addict RC sticker drawing? I'm in for that. A set of them on the MT would look great. Good luck on your Bandit project.

If I could be so bold as to make a suggestion, perhaps do the initial build using stock components. They're cheaper than upgrades. Until you get the basic layout working. Them begin swapping in bling and upgrades. Just a thought based on my experience. Cheers and Regards. 'AC'
thanks and yes i will be buying just stock traxxas parts no upgrades
oh yeah also to enter subscribe to the channel and comment on a video https://youtube.com/channel/UCQL8wnm8_NRP1LQaRsGWNIA

yes but I'm broke and it will be only $200 or just about without electronics on jennys rc
What about starting with a used Rustler then? You can sometimes find them RTR minus battery and charger on FB marketplace for $200 or less. The only reason i suggested that is because I've already done that to one (although, i recently lost that, along with everything else, but, i will be doing a few more of them as funds allow). My GF is huge into the Bandit, so, since the Bandit rarely seems to show up used, and, when it does, its always the cheapest version, with bushings instead of bearings, and a few other of the cheaper components, i would find used upgraded Rustler's and convert them to Bandit's. The only issue i had with doing the 4WD Bandit was body mounts, so, i cheated. I used body mounts from a touring car, and just drilled a hole in the front part of the chassis to mount the body mount, since it was held on by a screw from underneath. Her first project plan is to have a 2WD and a 4WD Bandit in pink, but, like you, I'm broke most of the time, so it will be a bit before i get to them. Right now I'm trying to finish the used Slash 4WD roller i picked up.

What about starting with a used Rustler then? You can sometimes find them RTR minus battery and charger on FB marketplace for $200 or less. The only reason i suggested that is because I've already done that to one (although, i recently lost that, along with everything else, but, i will be doing a few more of them as funds allow). My GF is huge into the Bandit, so, since the Bandit rarely seems to show up used, and, when it does, its always the cheapest version, with bushings instead of bearings, and a few other of the cheaper components, i would find used upgraded Rustler's and convert them to Bandit's. The only issue i had with doing the 4WD Bandit was body mounts, so, i cheated. I used body mounts from a touring car, and just drilled a hole in the front part of the chassis to mount the body mount, since it was held on by a screw from underneath. Her first project plan is to have a 2WD and a 4WD Bandit in pink, but, like you, I'm broke most of the time, so it will be a bit before i get to them. Right now I'm trying to finish the used Slash 4WD roller i picked up.
I'm working out a deal for some parts with a good deal with someone on here

I'm working out a deal for some parts with a good deal with someone on here
I have to ask, why use Slash 4WD parts? The bandit is a lot closer to the Rustler than it is the Slash. Yes i know that a lot of the parts are interchangeable, but, using the slash arms will make it wider than a normal Bandit or Rustler, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: forget i asked. I just learned that the 4WD Rustler and Slash use the same arms. I dont know a lot about Traxxas 4WD. I'm more of a 2WD SCT person.

I have to ask, why use Slash 4WD parts? The bandit is a lot closer to the Rustler than it is the Slash. Yes i know that a lot of the parts are interchangeable, but, using the slash arms will make it wider than a normal Bandit or Rustler, unless I'm missing something.
yes slash will make it wider but just on a bandit chassis and body

yes slash will make it wider but just on a bandit chassis and body
I have done probably a dozen Rustler to Bandit conversions, and, never really thought about it, but, i just looked it up, and the Bandit arms and shafts are strictly for the Bandit. For the Rustler, those arms and shafts are longer, so, i have been building Bandit conversions on the wider Rustler parts without ever realizing it. Hopefully she doesn't buy a new Bandit like she is planning on, because she will probably not like it as much :hehe:

This looks like a cool project, I'm looking at doing a similiar 1/8 buggy conversion with a slash.

Just sharing my 4x4 experience: slash, stampede, rustler 4x4 are all interchangeable- just chassis and centre driveshaft changes in length (hcg and low cg are not compatible) I’ve easily converted between all 3. The xl5 differential has a different ratio to the Vxl diffs but will work (under/overdrive possibilities) the rpm rear arms for 2wd do not fit 4wd.

The centre brace bling chassis upgrade thing should be a compulsory upgrade or the driveshaft bends in a massive head on collision. A centre differential or one way make a huge improvement to turning.

I have a 2wd lcg slash chassis I'm starting a build on, pm me if you want any comparison of 4x4 slash parts and 2wd

This looks like a cool project, I'm looking at doing a similiar 1/8 buggy conversion with a slash.

Just sharing my 4x4 experience: slash, stampede, rustler 4x4 are all interchangeable- just chassis and centre driveshaft changes in length (hcg and low cg are not compatible) I’ve easily converted between all 3. The xl5 differential has a different ratio to the Vxl diffs but will work (under/overdrive possibilities) the rpm rear arms for 2wd do not fit 4wd.

The centre brace bling chassis upgrade thing should be a compulsory upgrade or the driveshaft bends in a massive head on collision. A centre differential or one way make a huge improvement to turning.

I have a 2wd lcg slash chassis I'm starting a build on, pm me if you want any comparison of 4x4 slash parts and 2wd
ok this builds on hold right now but soon it will be in commission

Back