First crawl Body/LiPo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I decided to take the plunge into LiPo. Going pretty good. Heres the first run. Not much to play on here, so i gotta make with what i got.....

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0046.gif

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

lol gotta love that its actually crawling over the police ;)

man, seeing yours just makes me even more impatient for mine...cept mine will be the rtr...i cannot wait...is it as fun as you thought it would be/do you regret spending as much as you have....cus thats my main concern (sp)....i dont want to spend a ton and then just get old with it...lol...

I was worried about the same thing Devin, and I'm starting on my second crawler tonight lol. I think that says a lot in itself.

I had the same concern. But unlike an onroad, or a M/T, you just dont drive around, jumping, doing circles and whatnot, it actually challanges you to focus on your driving, and believe it or not, i actually race better on the track after driving this thing. It makes you pay attention to the fine details of driving and keeping your rig upright, well unless you find the right thing to crawl, almost completely sideways. And the car I'm driving on is mine. Last thing i would do is drive on another cops car. But back to topic, it is so fun to drive, I just added the lipo and am getting like an hour run time with this thing. Its amazing.

I think one reason that I enjoy it so much is because of the mental aspect. It challenges your mind and your knowledge of the rig so much more than squeezing trigger and jumping ramps. You get to know your rig, and set it up so that it handles like you want, not like any other rig out there. Once you get to know it, you're able to push it to the absolute limits. There's nothing better than seeing your rig turning over, getting it in the full vertical position, and then driving out of it.

It's also very relaxing for me. After a hard day at work, I can come home to my crawler course, pull up lawn chair and just chill out for a lil while.

I have around 15 RC's, some are monster trucks, some are racers, some are bashers, some electric, some nitro, and a baja large scale gasser, and I'm having more fun with this crawler.

man, seeing yours just makes me even more impatient for mine...cept mine will be the rtr...i cannot wait...is it as fun as you thought it would be/do you regret spending as much as you have....cus thats my main concern (sp)....i dont want to spend a ton and then just get old with it...lol...

Honestly, i was planning on getting the RTR, untill i saw it in the shop and realized, that is a LOT of plastic. For only like another $130 i got everything i needed for the kit. and the novak system for this thing is badass. It just all around looks better, and is able to maneuver like 5x better. I played around with some guys rtr at the hobby shop and it felt like i was driving a wheelie king or somthing, not a crawler. But if thats all you are looking to spend, props to you, and remember you can always add on later.

yeah i did notice it has a ton of plastic....but for the next few months i am on a very strict budget...but once october hits, i will have a lot of extra cash for a few months...so i will probably upgrade then, when i do order my rtr, i am probably going to order a new motor right then anyways...to slow things down...

Hell the RTR is more expensive than the kit. My LHS wanted like $279.99 for the RTR. and Only $229.99 for the kit. All you need is a decent servo, Motor/ESC and Reciever and remote. All very easly found. And if your already Gona get the new motor, why not eat a few more bucks and get a badass rig?? But like i said, I'm just showing you your options, but i hear ya about the budget.

yeah, i know...i understand the rtr isnt a comp level crawler...but i dont need that, and with it being together, i can learn more about them that way...instead of fooling up when putting it together, but i am already thinking about a kit in the future if i enjoy this rtr...i just wanna go with the rtr becuase its all there, and overal cheaper than getting the stuff for the kit....i have less worries about if i am doing something wrong...and it gives me some time to get experience under my belt ....but i do appreciate the help...

lol..I've said it before- this website is bad for my pocketbook :p The more I see crawlers- the more you guys post stuff like this- the easier the decision is looking. I haven't been this excited since I more or less dumped nitro.

Nice crawler bro, cool cruiser too. Glad to see the blue and black representing! :)

I notice the lid is all black. Did it come clear and you painted it, or did you repaint the stocker?
I'll be going for the kit with the hard orange ano.

It came clear, but I'm really ADD and suck at painting, so i just do mono-color'd bodies.

I think it looks great in all black, that's why I asked.
Did you get it in K-Mart? Judging by the first few pics, it looks like a 'blue light special'.

I think I'm about to do a flat black paint job on my stock budy just to bash around with.

I met up with a couple of the guys from rccrawler.com and actually played on a rock course at one of em's house. Charlie/Smaxxin i wanted to show u this place for the next time yall come down my way.
http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/hunting/wmas/wmas/list.cfm?wmaid=52
http://www.scspack230.org/Tunicaphotos.html
It's in St. Francaisville like 30 min away from me. Badass rocks, tiny (like 2-3 inch deep) creek crossings, and steep clay walls to play on.

Oh, update, I had to buy a new LiPo yesterday due to a snake striking at my other one yesterday. Crawling around in a big ole ditch behind my apartment, and a cottonmouth (nasty lil bastard) put a nice scratch/dent in it, so i was a lil scared to try running/charging it again so i just got a new one.

Did you shoot it? I know you have to carry something off duty right?! If so, post the carnage pics!

I think I'm about to do a flat black paint job on my stock budy

I don't know if your budy is going to let you paint him flat black :D

I love a flat black lid! My tuber has a flat black Rubicon lid, and I just finished building my Scorpion, and I am using a flat black pro-line cj8 on it. I cut it up last night actually, it looks cool as hell on the ax10. I still need to add some details to the cj8 lid, fill the old holes in the roof, hood and deck, shoot another coat of flat, then I'll post up some pics.

Did you shoot it? I know you have to carry something off duty right?! If so, post the carnage pics!

No, i was between 2 apartment complex's in a ditch about 10 ft deep. So i really didnt feel confortable discharging with the potential of so many people around. I just used a shovel. I had to do somthing, he/she ruined a $39 one day old battery. (And yes, i carry a glock 26 9mm on my ankle when i am on and off duty. Back-up for on duty, primary when off duty)