First bash of the year!!! 2020/04/22 at the Grass BMX track!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Did a lot of updates to both my stampede 4x4 and outcast since last time I ran them. Only real new thing on the ERBEv2 is I put RPM arms on the front, different P2 alloy front rockers (clearance issues with the integy ones and RPM arms) and installed a new servo. I'm now running a HobbyStar HCS-4521 at 7.4V driven from the max6. If it lasts, will be a decent servo for the $35 sale price at rcjuice. I did have a JX DC5821LV in it on 6V. It did fine, but wanted to try something a bit faster.

On the stampede, I've changed out the front c-hubs with some from GPM that has bearings in them for the king pins. Should help reduce slop over time. I cut down/installed the unbreakable Russian body I had bought last year, needed something a bit wider since the slash chassis is wider. I screwed up the mounting holes and had to do them again, but I like the end result. Also, the biggest change was swapping to a slash chassis and dropping my BLX185 esc in it. Still running 3S with the hobbystar 3665/3100kv motor, but now hopefully the esc won't overheat/shut down like the Max10 SCT did. It handles so much better now in the air. Just a real joy to drive this thing hard. Only damage I think is I busted the body mounts off. May try elongating the rear body mount holes to allow it to shift forward on hard rear landings... not sure that will help, but may try just the same.

The outcast has some changes since my last run last year. Max6 esc, M2C upper shock mounts, M2C rear tower brace, gearing increased from 13T to 14T. However, towards the end of the run, the motor sounded weird... then I realized, the motor fan stopped working. The motor temp was 260F!!!! Pretty sure it's dead now. :( Also, the savox 1210sg servo I repaired last year died again, can't turn right. I ordered another HobbyStar HCS-4521 to put in it's place. I'll try and fix the savox again by replacing the fet that has blown as I'm guessing that's what happened like last time, but then it will go in the spare parts bin.

Stampede

Outcast

ERBEv2

Every time you whip out a vid ,it reminds me of the days that I use to run!....:thumbs-up:

You put those trucks through a good whooping ,that outcast bounced as high it jumped when it
hit the ground!......:celebrate:

You have a brutal affair with your RC's!.....:cheers:

that outcast bounced as high it jumped when it hit the ground!......:celebrate:
Yeah, I think it was hitting the crown of the jump with the chassis. Probably explains how I bent the snot out of the stock chassis "flat landing" it before upgrading it to the M2C 7075 one.

Strange how hard the ground was considering the amount of rain we got and the fact that it was raining for an hour before I started running. Like grass covered concrete. Was really slick when I started, the stampede 4x4 was the first to get driven and it was all over the place. Would have been really irritating if I didn't have the longer chassis and center diff in it.

Back