First 2WD drift car & Bonzai Hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to get a 2WD Drift car and I want a Yokomo but I have no idea what their various models are. Anyone familiar with Yokomo drift kits that can recommend one or explain some differences between some of their models? So far I'm looking at the DP-YD2ZG.

On a side note has anyone bought stuff from Bonzai Hobby? They legit?

I want to get a 2WD Drift car and I want a Yokomo but I have no idea what their various models are. Anyone familiar with Yokomo drift kits that can recommend one or explain some differences between some of their models? So far I'm looking at the DP-YD2ZG.

On a side note has anyone bought stuff from Bonzai Hobby? They legit?
You would be better off with an MST RMX 2.0 over the Yokomo. Every Yokomo i have seen or owned had steering issues, and needed upgrades right out of the box, but, the MST, straight out of the box was set up nearly perfect, ( i had an 11 year old drifting with it pretty good after about 20 minutes, and, he never could get my Yokomo to drift even decently) and, because of how it is set up and designed, it is a lot easier to run than a Yokomo. It is also a bit faster. I have owned 3 of each, and, if and when i do get another drift car ( i got away from them and got into touring and rally cars more), it will definitely be an MST. MST stuff also seems to hold up a bit better as well. A couple years ago, i stumbled onto this link, that i usually refer anyone looking for a decent drift car to: https://supergdrift.com/store/yokomo-yd-2-or-mst-rmx-which-one-is-better/ Its why i bought my first MST, after owning a Yokomo that i absolutely hated, and a Tamiya i never did get to run right.

Disclaimer: I always end up going back to SCT's, but, i have tried literally everything RC vehicle wise made, from touring, to rally, to drift, to MT, to buggies and truggies. My ex used to call it my, run with the crowd phases.

Thanks for the article. Now I'm gonna have to buy both lol. Those are the 2 main kits I have been looking at and the YD2 has newer revisions out than even whats in that article. They both sound like great kits so now I'm gonna have to figure out which one to pull the trigger on.

So back to Banzai Hobbies, anyone ever bought anything from them?

Back