Firestorm Flux

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone got one of these? Looks like a fun rig, should be pretty durable, seeing that its an HPI product.

Just recieved my new firestorm today! :D This thing is a blast! It handles great and is very fast even on 2s. It feels quite a bit lighter than the rusty too. I'm just hoping its more durable than its vxl counter part. I will really put it too the test tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Nice! I have the rustler vxl. Great truck. Bashed it hard about 5 or 6 times and have not broke a thing yet. I think the rusty is the most durable, the T4.1 is the best racer, and the hpi firestorm is a little of both.

Last edited:
Its not looking good for the new firestorm. Bashed it pretty hard today and all was good until she tumbled into a pole and snapped the front bulkhead. :angry:
Looking at it now I notice how thin and flexible it is. Hopefully someone sells some good quality aluminum bulks for it.

Attachments

• IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Update. Got her up and running again with the addition of some RPM arms and new aluminum parts, tested it out today and everything held up well. Will also be installing a pair of proline sand paws and will be running on 3s.

Attachments

• IMG_1517.jpg
    IMG_1517.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Threw away the old plastic shocks and upgraded to a set of big bores, what a difference!
IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Threw away the old plastic shocks and upgraded to a set of big bores, what a difference!
IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Looks great, could you tell me where you got your new shocks from please, Id like to upgreade mine:)

Cheers

They are the traxxas big bore aluminum shocks for the slash/rustler.

Looks like a good rig but just to comment on the VXL Rusty....with a handful of RPM parts and a set of bigbores and maybe a GPM Front shock tower thrown in there you can make the Rusty very very tough indeed.

Looks like a good rig but just to comment on the VXL Rusty....with a handful of RPM parts and a set of bigbores and maybe a GPM Front shock tower thrown in there you can make the Rusty very very tough indeed.

Ya, I had to go with rpm arms, castor blocks, front bulk and a few strategically placed aluminum parts just so I could make it through one batt pack w/o something breaking.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Thanks, would these be the ones...

http://www.rcpitstop.co.uk/traxxas-slash-4x4-rustler-5862-big-bore-shocks-set-4-1404-p.asp

and are they a straight forward fit?

Cheers:)

Yep, those are the ones.