Finally the SonicWake is as advertised - 6s full trigger all day long!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomisRC

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
This boat has been on the back burner do to tons of other projects, mainly heli's and speed cars, but got her fixed up real good this weekend. Full trigger from full battery to dead and no heat issues!!! WooHoo!!!

Previous but in case you want to do the update to the cooling system, it also helps massively. Unfortunately it does not cool Bullet connectors and XT90s lmao!!! But itll keep your ESC and Motor nice and cool. Plus the stream shooting out of the top looks awesome.

The key thing about the sonicwake. And I have a few boats so I'm familiar with the process of running them. Normally you have to tape them shut and if they flip your screwed and need a fishing pole "my choice" or a recovery boat. To hell with that!! Makes running them unpleasant. Even just the tape and untape and retape when changing batteries sucks badly.

Sonicwake:
Finger screws and fully sealed - NO TAPE NEEDED ON THE LID, Battery changes are fast!!
Self-Righting - NO NEED FOR A RECOVERY BOAT, flip it and it turns itself back over immediately.

Now that it doesn't overheat it's the ultimate boat. LITERALLY!!!

Thanks for the walk-thru vids Nomis. Both good watching. Loved watching the pond runs. If I may ask, who do you source for stainless fasteners?

Attaching one of my favorite magazine covers. powerboat from Feb 1972. Cheers. 'AC'

IMG_20200117_0001.jpg

Thanks for the walk-thru vids Nomis. Both good watching. Loved watching the pond runs. If I may ask, who do you source for stainless fasteners?

Attaching one of my favorite magazine covers. powerboat from Feb 1972. Cheers. 'AC'

View attachment 175364
Stainless fasteners are hit and miss, but I have bought a lot of decent hardware from sellers by the name of monsterbolts, and regan001 off ebay.

If you don't mind paying a bit extra, you cannot beat McMaster for hardware. It's just a little pricey. But you won't find better hardware for the price. That's about the only brand besides Fastenal that machine shops use.

View attachment 175364

Np man, hope the vids help ya out. Love the old cover photo. I remember looking at those mags when i was young.

Here is a couple of running vids of other boats if anyone is interested. "crashes and all"

This wood mono has the fastest out of the hole accel I've ever had:

Here is the Vintage shovelnose rippin: "the wood mono is also vintage"

Stainless fasteners are hit and miss, but I have bought a lot of decent hardware from sellers by the name of monsterbolts, and regan001 off ebay.

If you don't mind paying a bit extra, you cannot beat McMaster for hardware. It's just a little pricey. But you won't find better hardware for the price. That's about the only brand besides Fastenal that machine shops use.
I've had surprisingly good luck with fastner kits off amazon of all various brands.

Here are ones that I've bought with good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y3JDM4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GZQXHB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Well she has been tested!!!!! I'm so super happy with it!!!

The Seaking 180amp is a godsend!!!