Finally Fired Up The SC8!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Temps were in the 60's today and there was nothing better to do(by that I mean nothing I wanted to do) so I got the SC8 ready for some break-in runs.

First I swapped out the servos for my Futabas' and swapped in the FASST rx for my 3PM tx. There's where my only troubles for the day come in. For some reason the tx only operated the servos one direction. Left and right both turned the servo the same way and thottle/brake did the same. I reversed the servo switch and the servos turned to opposite direction but still the same either way I turned the wheel. I know I've seen this problem before but I don't remember the fix. So I put the stock rx back in and went on.

I checked all the screws,oiled the air filter and set the tx adjustments for the servos. She's ready!

For the break-in I'm using a new jug of Blue Thunder Race 20%. It fired up really quick but only ran for few seconds and died. Did that 2 or 3 times then she stayed running. I plopped it on the ground and ran around in figure 8 in the driveway at high idle throttling slightly to keep it cleared out. It ran great but temps were only getting in the 180's. It was the first run of the engine,so I finished the first tank there. Let cool down while playing b-ball with my son.
For the second tank it was clouding up some and the winds were picking up a little so I wrapped foil 3/4 of the way around the head. Again it fired up easily. So I ran it the same way as the first tank. Temps got into the 220 range this time. It did die a couple of time when trying to blip the thottle but she fired up easily afterward.

So far I think I'm gonna love this truck, it seem to handle turns very well. It also seems it going to be a quick truck. It gained a lot of speed for no more rpm than the engine was running. I really got a chuckle too from the tires squalling on the concrete :D Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a couple of more tanks through it. :)

AAaaaah, you had a great day.
Last night I had a dream that I was getting everything together to go outside and start my Savage for the first time. Then I woke up.

Sounds like a good time from what I have heard people really seem to like the SC8, If I weren't saving for a 5t I would love to have one. btw Ralph we would have to build shelves around the block just to run that Savage outside:D

I spent some time reading/checking and found I overlooked a couple of settings. Now my 3PM works great so I put the rx back in today. More nice weather allowed me to run tanks 3 and 4 through it. I started pushing a little harder on the throttle during tank 4 but still on Factory carb settings. Temps held steady around 200-208F . This thing is gonna rip real good when it's ready! :yes:

i noticed the tire sound with my sc10. the smooth concrete in my garage made for a cool sound!

hi.
nice vid. I just tried one, it ran nice.but temp is really high. i check and the fuel line has bubbles coming through it. I sealed the connection by adding a ring of silicon tube at each connection. but, it still have bubbles. got a new tank ordered. the tuning was off and fluctuating. I'm at high altitude 5500'.
what will be the good nitro % for it? the book says 20 to 30. i never had a nitro before. i need help. i love the handling of it so far. and I only ran 1/4 of a tank with a bad tuning. that changes of my slash 2x4 ;)

Back