Final: T-Maxx Or Savage21?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentHunterKellen

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've finally Decided, either the T-maxx2.5 or the Savage21. I know speed is a problem in the savage so, what should i get to make it faster? And who has both? Which one do they like better?
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I was unaware that speed was an issue with the Savage, but if it were...the solutions are to either get a better engine or gear the current engine for more top end speed than the stock gearing.

The engines for the Savage are becoming more and more prolific in capability. The new Picco .26 OUTLAW is the latest addition to the fleet. There is a new RB Concepts engine out there that supposedly will smoke anything in the .21 class. I run the Ofna Hyper 21 8 port (when I complete the break in, I'll have a better idea of its capabilities...but I hear it smokes the Nitrostar 21BB that comes stock).

Gearing is a matter of proper spur gear and clutch bell combination to give more speed than torque, and there are a few links on how to accomplish that.

BTW the same logic applies to the T-Maxx.

Yah...but i just considered another thing. Screw the T-Maxx, but the Savage Will need a new .21 anyway so...why not get the AE Monster GT? I've decided, GT! But what engine? OS...navarossi...rossi....RB.....OFNA Hyper 8 port? Help. I WANT SPEED. I wanna smoke any .21 T-Maxxes at my track! Btw: 300 Post YAY!!! also..ima talkaholic YAY! :cheers:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Last edited:
I know people with both and out of the box t-maxx has good perfomance but longevity wins which is the savage its stronger plain and simple. I've got hyper 8 port and 16t bell it hits 40mph wheelies on demand and out pulls a stock 2.5 tmaxx. if you put this engine in a maxx then it would accellerate better but top end would stay the same.

savage has nearly as many mods as the tmaxx now and you best choose between the max or the sav forget the rest..

I think sav is the best overall. but you would be looking to upgrade engine after a while. Sav can take a real beating with no breakages. If you want to go fast buy a rusty 2.5 I've got one it realy does shift some.

Already got a rusty...Flies. I beat a .26 Picco i believe 1/8 Buggy (ofna) at my local track. He was a decent driver. Kiked my ass on turns but every little straight i caught him. I think I'm gonna go with a T-Maxx or Wait for the MGT because T-Maxx i can Race and MGT is BAD ASS!!!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

Savage... Hands down, as soon as the funds arise, I'm buying a savage.

Did you even look at the monster Gt? Its a contender! You should weigh out your options first.
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I'm in the same boat as KMN...as son as funds are avail Savage will be tearing up my neighborhood.

After the buggy of course!:D

no one likes my MGT idea...waaaaaaa:(
its a cool truck that can go fast (thanks to ttr .21) and it handles good, as I've seen in demo vid's. Bigger than HPI Savage and T-Maxx. Come on guys!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I would go with a savage i have a tmaxx but savage is way to go

no one likes your mgt idea because. T-maxx has the biggest following of any car ever and savage is 2nd biggest following and its only been out less than a year. Savage has nearly the number of hop-up's as t-maxx. They are both cool. all the rest might aswell give up. There are forums and sites dedicated to t-maxx and the same goes for the savage. where's the others? because no matter how good they look they can't cut it. ek4 s2 is super fast but not a purpose built monster. most monsters are cars with big wheels. but tmaxx and sav were built as monsters.
Many followers mean many spares. many spares means cheaper spares. etc.

The MGT isn't out yet, so there is a wait and see attitude. It looks like it will be killer, but no one knows for sure yet

Back