Fastest On road car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Candyman
RCCA built a SuperNitro RS4 that topped 101. But they rebuilt the whole thing from the ground up. The article is on their website. And the vid is kinda cool.

kyle, I don't run electric, but if I understand batteries, if you wire them in parallel, you don't increase voltage, but do increase maH rating. Right? So wouldn't that give you only 1.2 volts but some outlandish maH rating? And wouldn't that = no speed? Just asking.....I have been known to be wrong....

You are 100% correct, in order to increase voltage you have to wire in series. You can stack batteries( parallel) but in order to gain said results you would need 36 cells! Or if you can find cells rated individualy @ 7.2v and Parralell stack them. :cool:

Originally posted by kyle5050
When your running 10 cells, you aren't worried about getting a little bit more voltage out of them. And I have seen a tc3, 4wd, running a brushless motor and 10 cells(in parallel) clocked at 83 mph. It was a VERY fast car. Think about it, for the money, you can put in 10 cells in series, and a a low turn motor and easily push 60. It actually very cheap to make elctric sedans go fast, unlike nitro cars which require hundreds of dollars to get the speed up. If you are looking for somthing cheap and fast an electic tourer is the way to go, even though you can go faster w/ a nitro.

When running 10 cells in parallel you do not get a little bit more voltage, You increase Mah output. Now, if you say a 1.2v @ say 5a (5000mah) can make a electric car go fast, I can't say otherwise because I don't know, I don't have one. One thing I am absolutly certain is that what your 10 cell parallel config only puts out 5 watts That my friend is next to nothing:cool:

Ditto. Definitely!

Wiring MORE batteries in parallel is like adding more fuel capacity...NOT increasing horsepower.

Now nitroman88 have you ever seen the Yokomo RTR? Thats what i used to race and i had a suped up 4-tec and my yokomo was killing them all on the track.

Back