FAQ for fuel jugs couldn't be more on the money

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demo_derby

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone run Tower Hobbies brand fuel? I had a terrible experience with the stuff this weekend. I had one tank left of Traxxas top fuel 20%, tuned the motor beautifully to it, snappy, easy wheel stands, idled great...etc. Ran out of that, put the body on it and filled the tank with 20% Tower Hobbies brand. That ended my day extremely frustrated. Engine was supper lean cutting out at low and high rpm even with smoke coming out of the pipe. Anyway, I got really annoyed and put t away for the day. I'm thinking of tossing the fuel and getting some more top fuel from Traxxas. Dumb question for the cheap guy in me; can I add a few drops of 2 cycle oil to the quart of fuel to increase lube, or just throw it out?

Did you try tuning it with the new fuel and had no success?

Did you try tuning it with the new fuel and had no success?

I did, until I got annoyed and my glow plug battery died. This was about 1/8 of tank in. I'll probably tune it to the fuel, burn it up, I have 2 quarts, and never buy it again.

I think you can just use Castor Oil, the baking/cooking kind. You can contact a guy named HighlifeMGT on BYT. He actually mixes his own brew and it has worked out great for him.

I'm not sure about adding any oil, but if you do decide to go back to the Traxxas brew, use the Tower stuff as a parts cleaner! Works great, especially on air filter elements and what not.

If you try adding the oil, share how that works out. I'd like to know if it works!

Maybe I'll use one quart for cleaner and one to experiment with...or both for cleaner, not crazy about experimenting with my motor. Another option is to return it, they garentee satisfaction on the bottle. LHS has blue thunder fuel, I forgot that's what I used to use.

I would probly return it and get some more of what you have been running it, nitro motors are very picky, how ever a friend of mine gave me his T maxx and I don't know what brew he was running in it but I bought some Trinity Monster fuel 20% nitro/ 12% oil and the truck has been running great, just trying to tune the bottom end a little better now...

Back