Fantom .18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisherman

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well i have been searching this engine on another chat site that seems to have lots on it. I am thinking about getting it but dont wanto to skrew it up so when i get it i plan on sealing the back plate and the carb. I am only going to use the fuel recomended and definitely not blue thunder because some one said that I shouldnt use anything but the recomended fuels. I plan on checking the needle settings. I was informed that the needle settings in the manuel are wrong they said the real stock settings are hsn 3 maybe 23/4 and the lsn setting is 1. I am wanting to know if there is anything else i need to know about this engine b/f i buy it. I am trying to get alot of info on it cuz i dont want to mess it up i want it to go fine.
any responses would be appricieated.

Are there any other engines i should look at that are nice, id like to stay around 150 give or take a little. I could get the sirio.18 at stormer its only 184$ there its the only place that still sells it. Iv also herd good things about the o.s.18 i just wanted to get yalls openions on this matter.

Last edited:
That Fantom wont last much past 2 gallons,they naturaly run hot and are very prone to air leaks. I'm sorry, I have the 03' FR.18 and was pleased with performance but the compression is getting low and I've had to reseal everthing and it goes through header gaskets left and right. Finiky to tune also.

ok i think that engine is out of the Question fosho cuz i dont want to throw money down the drainagain. my choices are sirio .18 and O.S. .18 thats pretty hard. Well sirio's discontinued so less parts, OS just came out and will stay out. Iv herd great things about the os, more expensive but you get what you pay for. I'm leaning towards the os.18

I have the new fantom 18 that runs the turbo plug and i havent had any problems. I love it really. I dont have 2 gallons threw it but it has been very reliable and great engine temp Consistency. So i would recomend the Fantom. I also had a sirio .18 Which i also like a lot. I had more fuel trough that one and was a very aswome motor and still is. I have a little less then 1.5 gallons in that one and is screamed. It didnt really even open up untill about 3/4 gallon of fuel, but once it got fully broken-in it was very impressive and same with the fantom. So i would also recomend the sirio 18. havent use an O.S 18 but i would say both sirio and fantom are GREAT! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have decided to go with the fantom.18 then when it dies which will probably be a while then i will probly get the o.s.18 but for now its the fantom. Thanks for the advice and input.

Well I was very happy with my fantom and I hope you will be too!

Back