failsafe question... Please :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibiza_95

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at getting a failsafe (I'm from england uk) and on ebay theres a few micro failsafes for around 10 pounds, $20 or so.
But my question is, if the in car battery pack falls out, or the switch becomes dicky... which mine has just become and the car went shooting off on its own, will the fail safe apply the brakes? I'm presuming it needs power from the on board battery pack, but thinking it may have capacitors in for this kind of eventuality?
Unsure on this one as none of the adverts mention it.

Looking forward to the responses.
Thanks

Failsafe needs to have some power in order to work so if your batt packs becomes disconnected, the failsafe would not be able to do its job.

I use a failsafe as well as a throttle return spring. The spring will pull the throttle closed should you lose power to the failsafe.

in the event of power loss you need a throttle return spring to bring the rig back to idle.

and what does a good job at bringing the throttle back down to idle?

the short manifold springs!
love mine!

thanks guys much help :)
I've got a throttle return spring on my NTC3, but i only just got my rush evo, so I've just bought all that jazz for this one now cos it didnt have one :) i guess ill buy a new switch and battery pack for now to make sure it doesn't go off on its own again.

Just took it for a sesh at an old castle near me and its great, havent used a propper RC off road before, just a shame the drive shaft popped out after 10 minutes and i had to go home :( never mind

Back