failsafe or killerRC bumble bee kill switch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingape

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I want to take extra steps to see that my T Maxx doesn't runaway again so aside from fully charged batteries I was trying to decide between a failsafe or a kill switch. Which of the two would you guys recommend or would yall recommend something else..... let me know something I want to make sure my maxx never does it again

A failsafe is good enough but i really like the concept of the kill switch. Havnt had the opportunity to buy and try it yet but seen good reviews on it.

Do you think having both would be overkill?

Nah. The kill switch would just make it easier to shut down between tanks and at the end of day and have the added benefit of a double fail safe.

In all actuality you still need a failsafe bc if something interferes with your radio signal the bumblebee isnt going to work anyways bc it works off 3rd channel of radio.
Or does it flip with inteferance 2 i can't remember i watched the video on it a while back but i done forgot lol

The video says it shuts off the engine in the event of a radio glitch so I assume that it will cut off if the radio fails

Yes it will shut the engine off in the case of lost power or radio glitch making it the ultimate failsafe. I have a battery pack that one of the tabs had came un-done and it would only loose contact after 10-15 minutes of running.... I would keep having run aways due to loss of power to the receiver. A failsafe will do nothing for you there since they run off of the same battery. If I had a killer bee on there it would have just shut down rather than disappear into the sunset.