Factory Mesh and Center driveshaft movements

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychoswat

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi

would like to know if the mesh is too tight from factory, still running the pin system.
EFD43022-55D2-408B-AD37-38A8577B3523.jpeg

Also, the center drive shaft seems to have a bit of play in it, is it normal?

thanks in advance!

Just from looking at the gear mesh (I usually go off of feel) it seems fine. tight enough with just a tad bit of room for play.

Just from looking at the gear mesh (I usually go off of feel) it seems fine. tight enough with just a tad bit of room for play.

Thanks man, it feels exactly like you described it, guess it’s all good then!

seems a little tight for what i normally do but i can't feel it so I'm not gonna say it wont work the X-Maxx mesh system works pretty well easy and but if you have a gearing ratio that the mount doesn't have slots for you can just remove the pins and it turns into a normal sliding mount

factory gear mesh looks to tight to me. I use the old paper trick . , never had any failures when I set gear me that way. drive shaft movement looks ok its you doing the in n out of it..

seems a little tight for what i normally do but i can't feel it so I'm not gonna say it wont work the X-Maxx mesh system works pretty well easy and but if you have a gearing ratio that the mount doesn't have slots for you can just remove the pins and it turns into a normal sliding mount
Yea it’s pretty dumb proof wonder why other rc weren’t using the same system. Is it the bottom 4 screws that I can loosen when setting the mesh without the pins ?

factory gear mesh looks to tight to me. I use the old paper trick . , never had any failures when I set gear me that way. drive shaft movement looks ok its you doing the in n out of it..
Yep planning to set the gear using the paper trick see if it’s any different from the factory settings. I noticed the splines from the driveshaft was showing when I checked the pinion set screw the other day then drove it around a few days and check it again with the mesh, and saw that part moved so I poked it around 😆 and found out that it moves. Was just worried about getting any sand or dirt into those splines

Yea it’s pretty dumb proof wonder why other rc weren’t using the same system. Is it the bottom 4 screws that I can loosen when setting the mesh without the pins ?
yea its the those screws but it can be pretty tricky at times i like to put zipties over around the brace and over the motor to stop it from falling out when i put the mount screws back in

yea its the those screws but it can be pretty tricky at times i like to put zipties over around the brace and over the motor to stop it from falling out when i put the mount screws back in
Ok thanks for the heads up

Back