External Lipo balncer help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrogg

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a regulator and a Lipo Rx pack on the way. I have a Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra charger...I think that's the model name.. Anyways it is up to 3s Lipo capable, but no on board balancer.
I plan to also get a couple 2s packs for my starter box. I ned help finding a simple, affordable idiot proof balancer to use. I have Tamiya plugs, willing and needing to upgrade to Deans. Any help will be much appreciated.

I am new to this too but from what I have learned with LiPo you will have to do some data entry into the charger #of cells, mAh et cetera.
Get a good one, you will save money in the long run

I have a good charger, well good enough. It's done a perfect job on my Nimh packs, it's Lipo capable as well. I'm trying to prevent spending another 100 bucks when I already have a charger that can do the job. I just need a balancer.

You can buy cheap $20 2-3s balance chargers too.

Thanks guys. I noticed a charger on E-Bay called the B6 for 10-20 bucks. I went to Horizon Hobby and found what appears to be the same, with a Losi sticker on it for 110 bucks.....3 week wait though.
As for that Astro Flight blinky, I saw that. I was not sure how the hell I'd plug it up and if it would work. That's why my dumbass is here. My battery pack is a Tenergy 2300, 2s2p.
I was hoping for something simple, to plug in and go for under 30 bucks. If no one knows of something that fits my requirements, I'll buy a damn new charger.
Thanks for your help guys. Anymore help would be appreciated!

Get the Hyperion LBA10 balancer. You can just plug your pack in with the correct tap adapter and it will balance it.

They cost $35 new. Here's a new one you can try to snipe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HYPERION-LBA10-NET-6S-BALANCER-LiPo-NEW-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ130356766620QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e59de679c

You will need this tap adapter for your pack.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=3159

They also have the best price for the balancer and these guys ship quick.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=9&products_id=2916

Thanks for the details and the link. That helped a lot.

Ended up with the Mystery B6 with AC power supply, and metal case. 50 bucks total. I bought it last night from "In The Sky" off E-Bay. Look for a review soon, hopefully with no foul language! I've seen other "brands" of this charger work just fine. It should do everything I need. Anybody care to shed some light on it? I can handle the truth, after all it was just 50 bucks.
Keep in mind, all I'll use it for is 2s lipos, maybe a 4s lipo for my starterbox. May go with 2) 2s stick packs for the box, whatever I find a better deal on. Nothing over 20C or 3000mah in the plans either.

Ended up with the Mystery B6 with AC power supply, and metal case. 50 bucks total. I bought it last night from "In The Sky" off E-Bay. Look for a review soon, hopefully with no foul language! I've seen other "brands" of this charger work just fine. It should do everything I need. Anybody care to shed some light on it? I can handle the truth, after all it was just 50 bucks.
Keep in mind, all I'll use it for is 2s lipos, maybe a 4s lipo for my starterbox. May go with 2) 2s stick packs for the box, whatever I find a better deal on. Nothing over 20C or 3000mah in the plans either.

I have a slightly different version of that I've been using for over a year that I really like. It even came with a USB cable and software so you can graph your batteries if you wish. Takes a bit to get used to the menu navigation, but after that I think you'll love it. I cannot however get mine to balance for the life of me, even with the proper tap and circuit board that came with it. I'm just now getting serious with lipo so I guess I'll start a thread about it. Good luck with it man.

Get the Hyperion LBA10 balancer. You can just plug your pack in with the correct tap adapter and it will balance it.

This is the setup I use.

When I do balance, I do it as a stand alone after charging.

Setup is easy to use and the adapters make it so you can balance just about any balance tap out there.

Did not know it could be done afterwards Robmob....Damn I have a lot to learn about Lipos. Thanks for everyone's help once again.

I have never used/needed it but I have read good things about it...seems nice and simple too.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMRZ9&P=7

If your battery is a thunder power
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPUP3&P=ML

I've have this setup (the blinky setup), & use it with and without the adaptor. Very simple to use, works great & you can balance before, during, or after charging. I use it for charging my Lipos for my heli.

If you don't want to spring for a new charger now, I'd say go for it.

The Astro Blinky is a GREAT little balancer! Just plug it into the balance tap of your LIPO...and charge it normally. The Blinky does the rest. I use one with my Duratrax ICE and Triton JR charger. The Blinky works up to 6s as well.

i agree also as i have a bliky type balancer except i got mine from commonsenserc.com . they are great

Turns out my bud has been using the same exact charger(B6) with no name on it for about 6 months. It works perfect and charges everything you need.I knew the charger looked familiar.

Back