Exhaust system help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So, I'm very new to the hobby and need help finding a new exhaust system for my Losi 8ight 3.0 with a Mach 427 engine. Are all rear exhaust systems for 1/8 scale cars interchangeable? Will I be able to slap a new one in without modification? Also, if someone can recommend a good exhaust system that could potentially increase my cars top speed I would appreciate it. Unfortunately I seem to have missed out on the glory days of nitro rc (it's way more fun than electric) finding upgrades is more challenging than I expected.
Thanks in advance!

i so far am really liking the losi pipe that came stock on my LST, you would need a different header though, yours would need to be a full 180 turn as stock LST is a 90 degree turn. THS makes really good pipes though too. haven't personally ran them but through forums and FB Groups seem to be one of the best. i have ran an SH Golden Lion No. 0508 pipe on my .21 and .28 and both seem to run really well with it, currently running the Hyper 7 pipe and manifold on my .28 and it seems to do really well too, hoping soon here to do some back to back testing between the golden lion and the hyper 7 pipes.

i so far am really liking the losi pipe that came stock on my LST, you would need a different header though, yours would need to be a full 180 turn as stock LST is a 90 degree turn. THS makes really good pipes though too. haven't personally ran them but through forums and FB Groups seem to be one of the best. i have ran an SH Golden Lion No. 0508 pipe on my .21 and .28 and both seem to run really well with it, currently running the Hyper 7 pipe and manifold on my .28 and it seems to do really well too, hoping soon here to do some back to back testing between the golden lion and the hyper 7 pipes.
So, based upon my research I guess I'm looking for an extended (apparently additional length improves performance), tuned exhaust pipe. I'll look into THS, but like I said, finding nitro rc car upgrades is disappointingly difficult (tweaking and upgrading is half the fun).

agreed, and as far as length that is partially true, longer length is more top end performance but less low end, short is better for low end.

Back