exhaust question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
hey everyone, happy late fathers day to all the fathers here.

i was wondering, you know how the exhaust pipe on nitro cars lets out that oily substance. I'm assuming it's like the residue from the nitro fuel. but anyway i was watching many videos on youtube, and had a question. i came across this video and it got me thinkin.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N5JWWZxbXg"]YouTube - ‪my custom rc nitro exhaust‬‏[/ame]

this guy reversed his manifold and added his own exhaust. now my question is, is this bad for the engine? because if the engine spits that oil out through the manifold into the pipe, wouldnt reversing the manifold flood the engine with oil?

iv'e also seen people turn their pipe so that the nipple of the pipe is facing up, and then they extend that nipple all the way to the back of the car.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTdB44GISMs"]YouTube - ‪Custom rc exhaust RS4 EVO+‬‏[/ame]

any input will be greatly appriciated. thanks alot!

I can't speak for the upside down manifold (though I would assume any remaining oil after shutdown would run back into the engine and sludge it up if not run for a while)...

But as for extending the stinger, that's not a big issue, as a lot of people usually put a silicone extender to keep oil off their ride. This usually just means some slight retuning for the longer stinger tip.

HTH...
Mark

i have my manifold flipped upside down on my os.18 cvrx(side exhaust) with a 45 degree elbow and a mip stinger pipe sticking out the back. i have never had a problem with it flooding the engine or anything, starts right up on the first shot everytime. ill post a picture of it tommorow.

That's the exhaust at the left rear window. It ran slightly uphill, but was never a problem. It has a rubber tip from a spark plug so I could shut it down without burning my finger.

Rear_Exhaust.jpg

That's the exhaust at the left rear window. It ran slightly uphill, but was never a problem. It has a rubber tip from a spark plug so I could shut it down without burning my finger.

Rear_Exhaust.jpg

OMG!!!! is that dirt on one of your truck ???:hehe::D

Been doing the family,school thing and all the crap that has happened inbetween.But you been well I hope.