Exhaust Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TragikMagik

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys I'm looking for an exhaust for my Savage X 4.6 and I've looked at the ribbed tuned pipe from H.P.I and i heard its all show and no go, but the polished tuned pipe from H.P.I is the opposite, so I'm just asking for some advice from people that have experience. If any one has suggestions please let me know. Thanks guys

Get the polished .. I want mine moved to the rear .. Sweet

Ribbed is ridiculously loud, but puts out good low end torque. The polished is also fairly loud, but a bit less. Seems to work well in my savage X though. Good low end torque, decent high end. Definitely better than the stock plastic.

I've always liked losi's HT pipe, but it requires you to get creative with the coupler on a savage since it's a "one piece" pipe. I really like it with my LRP's though. Will probably grab another if I drop a LRP into my savage.

If you want the most power and a pipe that sounds amazing look into an ERCM end bleed pipe.

I have the ERCM side bleed it not as loud as the end bleed but it still sounds great , all I can say is this is the best pipe I ever had and it will last a life time
100_2655-1.jpg
[/IMG]
100_2653-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I use an OFNA JP3 or a JP1. Both work great but it depends on the motor running as to which pipe I use.