Exhaust Piping Plastic Coating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattWadzRC

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys, just wondering if its possible for me to plastic coat the silver part from my engine to the actual exhaust. because mine keeps getting rusty, I'm sure this would benefit it if it were covered in plastic?
Thanx, need a quick response.
Matt:)

honestly, i can think of nothing that would stand up to the heat that the header gets from the exhaust gasses.

Nine times out of ten, they are always bare alloy, anodized alloy, or steel.

Any sort of coating on the engine is going to retain heat. I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe see what some others have to say as well. I read into that wrong I believe. Never heard of applying anything to the header. I'm with Tiger. Seems that they get too hot.

Matt, i know from experience that 350*c paint will NOT stay on an engine header............I tried it.

Plastic would not stand a chance, even GRP type would burn off.

Hey man, try BBQ paint. I used it on my 1/1 headers and it held up just fine after 1 year.

I agree with bbq paint. I used it on my quad header and it has held up with no chips and it looks good.

Mine started as a lovely anodized black, slowly took on a purple tint after a few tanks, then moved towards golden copper and is now a lovely bright, orangey brass like tone. So... the factory covering lasted well... not.

Or... just ignore it. Any scrapes you put in it with sandpaper is only going to exacerbate the problem. Those micro scratches will cause hot spots all over the thing.

Maybe pick up an aluminum header. They don't rust.

Back