Exhaust options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The resonator pipe will work..But
if your going to put the 3.3 into the 2.5 truck? There's a couple things to watch out for bud.. First change the slipper clutch to the 3.3 slipper clutch. The one from the revo or Tmaxx same one. Much better then the plate slipper clutch of the 2.5. Also you should keep you spur gear plastic. If you run metal you will rip your tranns apart. Spur gears are plastic for a reason. The drive train of the 2.5 really wasn't designed to run the 3.3.. which has more low end tourqe then the 2.5. You can run it but keep a eye on your axles and center shafts and your diffs. Or upgrade them to CVD's. You can also fit the 3.3 diffs in the new 2.5 grey bulk heads. Not in the black ones.. the tranns might not like the tourqe of the 3.3 either. Just a heads up. You could get better gears then the plastic ones in the 2.5 tranns.. got any questions don't hesitate to ask.. hope it works out for ya.. one more thing what type of fuel are you using?? 👍👍
😳
The resonator pipe will work..But
if your going to put the 3.3 into the 2.5 truck? There's a couple things to watch out for bud.. First change the slipper clutch to the 3.3 slipper clutch. The one from the revo or Tmaxx same one. Much better then the plate slipper clutch of the 2.5. Also you should keep you spur gear plastic. If you run metal you will rip your tranns apart. Spur gears are plastic for a reason. The drive train of the 2.5 really wasn't designed to run the 3.3.. which has more low end tourqe then the 2.5. You can run it but keep a eye on your axles and center shafts and your diffs. Or upgrade them to CVD's. You can also fit the 3.3 diffs in the new 2.5 grey bulk heads. Not in the black ones.. the tranns might not like the tourqe of the 3.3 either. Just a heads up. You could get better gears then the plastic ones in the 2.5 tranns.. got any questions don't hesitate to ask.. hope it works out for ya.. one more thing what type of fuel are you using?? 👍👍
I'm running bones brew 30/10 on my 2.5 currently

Hahaha all good man. Another question. Will the revo/tmaxx 3.3 transmission mount up in the Ole classic 2.5?
Yes the 3.3 Tmaxx grey tranns will fit the 2.5 chassis. BUT the output shafts are different. The 3.3 has a 6mm output and the 2.5 uses a 5mm. You would need the center shafts from the 3.3 also the diffs. As the diffs are the same way. The center shaft can work if you change them around as they are longer. Then the 2.5 shafts. And thicker. So some dremeling on the front section will be needed. Where the shafts go threw the chassis. And at that point you might as well get the 3.3 axles hubs and knuckles. Sorry but you just can't throw a 3.3 into the 2.5. I was going to do this my self. But ended up just building the 3.3 after everything I needed to change. Basically the whole drive train tranns , center shafts, diffs, axles, hubs and knuckles.. any question don't hesitate bud...

Yes the 3.3 Tmaxx grey tranns will fit the 2.5 chassis. BUT the output shafts are different. The 3.3 has a 6mm output and the 2.5 uses a 5mm. You would need the center shafts from the 3.3 also the diffs. As the diffs are the same way. The center shaft can work if you change them around as they are longer. Then the 2.5 shafts. And thicker. So some dremeling on the front section will be needed. Where the shafts go threw the chassis. And at that point you might as well

get the 3.3 axles hubs and knuckles. Sorry but you just can't throw a 3.3 into the 2.5. I was going to do this my self. But ended up just building the 3.3 after everything I needed to change. Basically the whole drive train tranns , center shafts, diffs, axles, hubs and knuckles.. any question don't hesitate bud...
Lol god damn. Guess I should have done more research before I bit the bullet on the 3.3. Thanks for the help buddy
Stonerrc365 is it worth dropping a 2.5R in or am I wasting my time. Just don't know of any considerable differences

Last edited:
Lol god damn. Guess I should have done more research before I bit the bullet on the 3.3. Thanks for the help buddy
Stonerrc365 is it worth dropping a 2.5R in or am I wasting my time. Just don't know of any considerable differences
Same motor as you have. Just with the blue cooling head of the 3.3.. thats the difference... all 3 of traxxas engines are the same. Except the 3.3 has a bigger sleeve and piston.. you can throw it in the 2.5 but more then likely the tranns won't hold up for long. And the axles will twist like pretzels... to do the swap the rite way probably
2 -300. You can price it out
Tmaxx 3.3 parts needed for 2.5 engine swap:
Tranns
Center shafts
Diffs
Axles
Rear hubs
Front carriers and knucles
A arms

Same motor as you have. Just with the blue cooling head of the 3.3.. thats the difference... all 3 of traxxas engines are the same. Except the 3.3 has a bigger sleeve and piston.. you can throw it in the 2.5 but more then likely the tranns won't hold up for long. And the axles will twist like pretzels... to do the swap the rite way probably
2 -300. You can price it out
Tmaxx 3.3 parts needed for 2.5 engine swap:
Tranns
Center shafts
Diffs
Axles
Rear hubs
Front carriers and knucles
A arms
You talked me out of it. Ordered a motor Saver air cleaner and luckily found a THS pipe. Gonna mount the Losi 3.4 carb and roast some 30/10 bones and see what we get. Thanks for all the help bro
You talked me out of it. Ordered a motor Saver air cleaner and luckily found a THS pipe. Gonna mount the Losi 3.4 carb and roast some 30/10 bones and see what we get. Thanks for all the help bro

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-161720_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-161720_Chrome.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211210-145951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-145951_Chrome.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211210-145931_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-145931_Chrome.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 21
I run the same intake. The 2.5 will wake up a little more with the better tunes pipe and better air flow.. but you will need to return the HSN... for the new pipe and intake

I run the same intake. The 2.5 will wake up a little more with the better tunes pipe and better air flow.. but you will need to return the HSN... for the new pipe and intake
That's totally fine. I already retuned the HSN switching to 30%. I'll letcha know how she runs out here about a week or so

I'm sorry bud. I couldn't sit by and know your going to mess your truck up and not say something.. but build a 3.3 and then throw a OS .21 in it. That motor is like throwing a big block in with out haven to get a Big block conversion kit. It's a drop in for the Tmaxx
That's totally fine. I already retuned the HSN switching to 30%. I'll letcha know how she runs out here about a week or so
Yeah I knew that but will need to just fine tune for the bigger intake. Your runningbthe stock cup button intake correct
I had to do the same. Running 30% also

I'm sorry bud. I couldn't sit by and know your going to mess your truck up and not say something.. but build a 3.3 and then throw a OS .21 in it. That motor is like throwing a big block in with out haven to get a Big block conversion kit. It's a drop in for the Tmaxx

Yeah I knew that but will need to just fine tune for the bigger intake. Your runningbthe stock cup button intake correct
I had to do the same. Running 30% also
Currently yes I'm running the button intake but I have a motor Saver intake on the way that I am going to pair up with the Losi carb amd ths pipe