Exhaust Deflectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all, been looking on a site, found a few things I'm going to buy seeing as some i need, some i just want.
Anyway, while the engines out, I'm going to get a different coupler lol, new coloured fuel line seeing as i have some tweakeing to do to make it fit with the fuel filter.

But the point being, exhaust deflectors, they dont have any effect on performance do they?
I just want it to, well deflect the exhaust.
So they dont effect tune and temps and whatnot??

I haven't heard that they do.

i think a exhaust defelter or whatever =p lol just makes sure nothing else aournd the pipe gets to hot,.

Also, if i were you, i would invest in a fail safe if you havent already.

$20 insurance plan as they say.

Gettings one thurs, mums goin to bendigo and I'm going to find my way to the LHS and get a heap of stuff.
We dont have a LHS

The deflectors are great for keeping the Exhaust juices away from the body of your truck. That way everytime you run it you dont have to wipe your truck's body down. Yes a failsafe is always good. Thats the first thing i invested, OFNA failsafe.

They do change performance slightly. It's more noticeable on an already restrictive pipe. If you get one that is the right size for your stinger (requires zipties to hold tight), then you won't notice much performance change.

That said, I did notice it more on my small block vs my big block rigs.

They soften the exhaust note a bit, which I like.

The traxxas ones (like for the revo) have a smaller neck so they fit the pipe tight, but they open up in diameter after about 1/2 inch. That was really the only one I had where I didn't notice any performance loss at all. But they are the only ones I've ever noticed shaped that way. All others are the same diameter internally from one end to the other.