Exhaust Deflector

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarkill

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is there any real point of using an exhaust deflector on the savage x because I want to keep my tire clean. All the unburned fuel goes on the the tire then dirt sticks. So is there any disadvantages of using it too?

doesn't look too pretty could be a disadvantage but i use it on my rs4 cause it has foam tires

As long as you stick with one that is a large ID you won't really notice any performance change. They do soften the exhaust note a bit.

The only real "downsides" are that they aren't pretty to look at and they can get pinched if you land on something just right which may flood/stall your engine.

I run them on all my rigs. Hate the mess on my rear tires/arms. They don't eliminate the mess, but they do help quite a bit.

what i did is i took a piece of 5/16 fuel line.. and i ran it to the rear of the truck.. dosent seem to hurt the preformance.. acually i think it made it better for low end