Exhaust Baffle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSievers08

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
So my brother in law has an STR also. His is completely stock except for a higher flow air filter and a set of aluminum wheels. Well he doesn't do any of the work to his car, I do it all. He hasn't had the car out sense last summer so he brought it over so I could go over it and get its throat cleared and ready to go for this spring and summer. In the process of getting everything cleaned up I took off the pipe (which as stated is the stock plastic Redcat pipe) and noticed a piece that could come out. I started digging online about it and decided from what I had read to remove it. And holy poop did that little VX .16 ever clear its throat. On top of an increase to top end power (once I made it a little richer due to the lack of the baffle) it sounded like a whole new animal.

So for those new to the site wondering if you should remove it or not. I'd say give it a go. If anything you can always throw it back in if you don't like it or notice any negative effects.

It would be wise to adjust the carb to match that adjustment but Def a cool find!!!:thumbs-up:

I think guys used to do that back in the day on the savage. It had a stock 2 chamber plastic pipe that you could take apart... I think. 2 chamber pipes tend to be tuned more for putting out higher torque in the upper RPM range whereas a single chamber (no baffle) tends to be more of a lower RPM torque pipe.

I think guys used to do that back in the day on the savage. It had a stock 2 chamber plastic pipe that you could take apart... I think. 2 chamber pipes tend to be tuned more for putting out higher torque in the upper RPM range whereas a single chamber (no baffle) tends to be more of a lower RPM torque pipe.
This is the pipe. Took photos in order to show how it came apart and where the baffle was. (poop camera warning)

SANY1723.JPG
SANY1724.JPG
SANY1725.JPG
SANY1726.JPG
SANY1727.JPG