ESC / Motor Setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoChance4Win

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help.
My son runs a Hobbywing XERUN SCT 3652SD G2 Sensored Brushless Motor (6100kV) with a Hobbywing XR10 PRO ESC in his ET410.2.
I have no clue how to set it up. It will run for about 3-5 seconds and then stop. We restart the ESC and then it will do it again. Any clue what I have screwed up????

Maybe recalibrate the esc?

Make sure that the battery is fully charged and balance, and motor was not getting hot.
(Temp gun will be a really helpful tool for your tool box, I got mine, 20 dollars from harbor freight)
Make sure all motor and battery connections are good too.

I had the same problem with my buggy. I am using the XR10 Pro too. Wasn't motor heat, it was a battery connection issue. I put some heatshrink near the bullets, haven't tested it out yet. Might even have my uncle resolder it as it wasn't a good soldering job in the first place.

When it stops, is there still power to the receiver? - If not make sure the esc plug into the receiver is in channel 2 and snug in there. I had the esc cable going into the receiver torn up by getting ripped out of the receiver and wrapped up around the center diff outdrive. :(.

What are your temps?

Was it ever overheated before the problem started happening?

If you cooked the motor then the stator and/or rotor may need to be replaced.

Before you swap out the motor be sure to swap the battery with a new one first, could be a bad cell as well.

whats your gearing? how many cells? have you checked the motor? for excess resistance?
To me 3 second run sounds like motor failure.or battery

Get an infrared temp gun and check your temps of motor and ESC. You're probably cooking your motor. The kv of that motor is really too high for that truck.

I have ran that exact same 6100KV motor in my mini truggy and never experienced any temp problems, though proper gearing is extremely important:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...eed-to-run-for-upgraded-electronics-in-my-car
What mini truggy? Is it 4wd? Is it 1/10? What does it weigh? The recommended motor for the ET410.2 is 4000-4600kv. Sure, you can run motors outside the optimal range for any given RC with proper gearing, but why? All you're going to be doing is run the motor at higher RPM's because you had to use less than optimal gearing. More wear and tear will happen.

Last edited:
What mini truggy? Is it 4wd? Is it 1/10? What does it weigh? The recommended motor for the ET410.2 is 4000-4600kv. Sure, you can run motors outside the optimal range for any given RC with proper gearing, but why? All you're going to be doing is run the motor at higher RPM's because you had to use less than optimal gearing. More wear and tear will happen.

When I used to race the TEKNO ET410 I had ran a Novak 4-Pole 4000KV and it was slow, by the time HobbyWing released the 6100KV I had already moved over to the PR Racing 401R-T and the 6100KV was perfect for our track where I had great results with it :)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3316477-PR-Racing-SB401-T-(1-10-Mini-Truggy)

1684703311804.png

I'm not sure if putting the ESC into Hybrid mode will solve your issue, but I'd try. It's Mode/Profile preset #8 for 1/10th 4WD SCT using 4 pole motors.
1684762995497.png

Back