"Error balance plug"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an ascento multiethnic chemistry ac/dc balance charger. I also have a turnigy 5000mah 2cell lipo hard case. When I plug the lipo to the charger, and plug in the balancer. Than I hit confirm and it pops up and says error balance plug. I don't know really anything about lipos. Does this mean my lipo is bad. Or the charger

Its hard to say for certain. The charger isnt reading the info from the lipo correctly. Now that could be because the lipo has been discharged down to far and damaged or there could be something wrong with the balance plug or it may be something with the charger. If you have a voltmeter of some kind you can check the voltage on the pack. If its lower than 6V its possible it has been discharged to far and the charger can't recognize how many cells are there. Id take the lipo down to your LHS and ask them if they could test it.

Yes hard to say for certain but the balance plug wire could be damaged or the balancer that plugs into the charger. One way to tell would be take the battery pack to the LHS and have them plug it into something they have. I have taken stuff to my LHS and they are always willing to test it for me.

While I have never heard of this charger do you have other Lipo battery packs you charge? Do they error out? Do you have a buddy that has a LiPo Pack you can test your charger with? Do any of your buddies have a Lipo charger you can test this battery pack in?

Few things to help diagnose the problem.

No I'm the only one around here that does the lipos and rc cars. But thanks for the ideas

if you have more than one lipo and they all say the same thing then its the charger.. if other lipos charge fine its the batt.

Check the plugs, they get a black oily resedue on them. Clean the contacts with a little alcohol on a q-tip, you may have to tear away some of the fuzz on the q-tip.

Back