Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I finally got around to puttting all the hop-up parts from my old Revo onto my EREVO Brushless.

Partial list of parts include the center diff, RPM everything, Traxxas CV Shafts, Lunsford Titanium Pins, 17mm hubs, Tubes and the Proline Single Steering Servo conversion.

Painted up a Proline Slipstream body and added a Hitec 7950 steering servo along with an Upgrade RC Wing.

DSC03279_zps5ba63b57.jpg

DSC03280_zps495dc71b.jpg

Hey Rob... can you take a few good topless pics? I am really curious to see how you have the motor mounted and battery configuration. Is the center diff a must? I am looking to start an overhaul on mine and am just curious to see your setup before I start. Also... how do you get that flat black look on the body? Thanks

Tom

Without the center diff all the power would unload on the front when I mashed the throttle. Not a must if you only bash around.

I achieve the flat look by spraying the top of the body with Tamiya Flat Clear. Works great.

I will take some topless pics and post them up.

Without the center diff all the power would unload on the front when I mashed the throttle. Not a must if you only bash around.

I achieve the flat look by spraying the top of the body with Tamiya Flat Clear. Works great.

I will take some topless pics and post them up.

Cool thank you! So you just painted black on the inside and the flat on the outside? I will have to see if Tamiya offers the flat clear in rattle can form! Thanks

Tom

Cool thank you! So you just painted black on the inside and the flat on the outside? I will have to see if Tamiya offers the flat clear in rattle can form! Thanks

Tom

They do, I bought a can a couple years back, but lost it lol.

I use the rattle cans. I believe it's PS-55. I'll have to check when I get home.

I did paint the inside black with the flat clear on the outside.

Here are the topless pics.

DSC03324_zps6969e418.jpg

DSC03323_zps1ee7db7a.jpg

DSC03325_zpsd6c3bf21.jpg

DSC03326_zpsdf7195d3.jpg

That thing is SO sick with the top off! Pure beef.

Sweet rig, how do you like the sway bars?

Bad Horsie covers.

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the pics my friend! I was away over the weekend and just got a chance to look this morning. Very nice setup! I am looking forward to getting my setup up and running. How do you like those traxxas shafts? I was looking at going MIP... but the are so dang expensive! With the BL and lipo power those plastic stock shafts twist up like pretzels. Also... how did you make the battery cables long enough? That is my one big beef with Traxxas... the length of the average battery cable is too short coming out of those battery boxes to reach the ESC.

Back