Erevo 2.0 Spur Gear Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyboy33

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I shredded my spur gear this weekend and I am planning on replacing it this week. I had the stock pinion/spur combo with a Castle Monster X 2200kv esc combo. My questions are is it worth it going to a steel spur gear? Also I was thinking about an 18/50 combo but was curious what others have run with?

I could possibly be from just a bad mesh. Have you meshed it with a piece of paper?
Sometimes using metal spur gears isn't a great option because it transfers the shock to a weaker part.

I could possibly be from just a bad mesh. Have you meshed it with a piece of paper?
Sometimes using metal spur gears isn't a great option because it transfers the shock to a weaker part.
Yeah, thought I had it set pretty good...just ordered a HR metal spur gear so hopefully it lasts. Went with the 18/50 combo to try.

Mash a sheet of notebook paper between the teeth and tighten the motor. Your mesh should have just a slightly noticeable rock in the spur gear.

Going with a steel spur is ok, but your mesh needs to be good for it not to chew the teeth up.

I personally dont use metal spurs except maybe in very unique situations. Theyre meant to be the weakest link in your driveline. If your driveline is all working properly the plastic one will hold up fine. If its not fine its better to strip a $6 spur gear than something more expensive and harder to replace.

Back