Enticing EK4 Video....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
During last years bash season, I came across this Video...:drool:
I wanted this truck in the worst way.... After much research, the cons overshadowed the pros, so I passed. Talk about disappointment... The EK4 in this video is a true animal though....

RAW POWER

Right click & Save As...

That is Crazy! Looks really really tough

That is awesome. I am thoroughly impressed with that things ability to fly. It also has some serious raw climbing power. I take it that was not a completely stock EK4.

It very well could be a stock EK4. I've seen other videos that show the EK4 to be a powerhouse. There were too many issues with the diffs, motor,etc. & ThunderTiger wouldn't acknowledge and fix the problems. Parts were scarce & I've heard some tuning horror stories... I haven't researched the truck lately, but supposedly there somewhat stepping up to the plate with a newer version. Still one of my fav. videos...:drool:

Thats pretty dope! Steam engines dont put out that much smoke. Sucker spits out smoke like Bob Marley. That this is strong. I cannot believe that climbing power. Nice!

I was thinking from the amount of smoke that thing was producing, it probably could have been leaned out more. The truck looked almost uncontrolable as it was.

maybe they were running it fat for break in :D ... jk

That truck looked like it was hauling a$$. Just makes you think how fast it could get if you lean it out more.

That is leaned out, if it was cranking out wheelies on loose dirt it's probably leaned out too much. The EK-4 is junk and ACE along with TTR did try to cover up ALL the problems with it and just let people keep buying junk to line their pockets. I have the old S2 and their support has been underwhelming. The "new" version is supposed to have many of the problems that us S2 version owners PAID to R&D for them! Do you think they will honor any of the people who PAID $500. for an ARTR truck to R&D for them, NO they will charge us to "upgrade!" THEY SUCK! :angry:

I have this video on my desktop.. I keep watching it.... just insanity

Kinda makes ya tingle all over....lol Despite all the negatives, I still want one!!!:devious:

Too much power. I have always thought that. Huge engine. Small truck. In pretty much every video I've seen, it's usually this thing wheelstanding down the road. That's nice. For about a minute. Then you realize you can't steer with the wheels in the air. Yes, this in a neat video. But no matter how much I watch it, it seems like this guy has to baby it to keep it under control. I'd rather line up a couple of those OS 40 4-strokers in that other thread. Now that's sweet...

Who needs to steer? lol
I guess the Vulgar Display of Power has gotten the best of me...

Here's another.... DAMN
POWER
Right Click & Save As

Last edited:
All these EK4 Questions....ok...i own an ek4...this is my second one...and i am considered to be very knowlegable with this car so all info u get here is pretty accurate...here goes.

That video is from Norway, that is a STOCK EK4 sans with a new body. That was an original EK4 s2 V1, the new one EK4s2 V2 is so much better. I have a V2 and it has CRAZY upgrades....i dont like to challange anyone anymore cause really...nothing more to prove...knocked everyone on their butts...
STOCK EK4 is kinda slow...this engine is HUGE, it's a Helicopter engine(so is the yet released .90), but the revs dont go up that high, torque is this bad boys claim to fame and nothing comes close...NOTHING to date on the market. It is a pain is the butt...for experts to the sport only. It has a 3 needle carb and a RINGED engine, so this engine will last about 10gallons before needing to be resleeved....thats right 10 gallons of fuel....break in takes 2 gallons(by the end i one gallon u start seeing serious power)....
Yes, climbs like no tomorrow...due to the torque and gearing...it's geared from factory to top speed of just below 40mph...slow...but an 18t clutch bell fixes that....Mad force with 3 speeds are no match....Modified MADFORCES (RB motors) generally deserve respect....not when i pull up with an INSANE 2 speed EK4 version and Aluminum Bullet proof Diff cases and wheelie bar....sorry...this MT does 65mph!!!! i've run many an onroad car and killed em....just dont make me turn =) As for wheelies... end of story...nothing wheelies like this truck...NOTHING... there is a type of wheelie bar that has been developed for this truck that rocks... torque, and the stock clutch bell or, 18t or 2 speed transmissions ROCKET this truck off the line with ferocity to wheelie at WIDE OPEN THROTTLE a PARKING LOT FIELD LONG....or until u let off the gas.....now..this truck i repeat...is a pain in the butt,..please do not buy this truck....it sucks...u'll never get it to work...it drinks fuel like no tomorrow...parts are Mail order only...it's a slob...just dont buy it ok....leave this truck alone =)... if u wanna see this truck fly in the sand/beach and other mods or a forum for this truck.... look at
http://www.midmad.com/forum/index.php
the best forum for EK4 and many other trucks/planes/heli as well.
i can be reached there or at [email protected] for vids/pics
later fellas////
ps...DO not get this truck =)

I want one! I am going to sell half my collection just so I can afford this bad boy! Where can I buy this beast for the least amount of money? Autohaus?:trout: :dancin: :drool:

Autohaus has the truck for a very reasonable price....u can only save 10-15 bucks if u go elsewhere, but in my honest opinion, i would go through them....other places may not offer warrenty service, plus, really, these guys are great....better than 95% of your local hobby shops as far as service...u can't email em the truck for service but they always steer u in the right direction with honest answers and cheap( even free) fixes.
The only thing i have to add is the best upgrade u can do with this truck is READ the forum for 4 hours or a couple days...it is imensly invaluable to operating your EK4 with ease, what parts are neccessary and which arent and seriously it will fill u with the knowledge of is this the right truck for u or not.

Reminder...this is a ARR kit(far from RTR really)....u need radio gear, and remember...this is not a lil 1/10 scale truck...this is a big truck and bi toys are more expensive. easily u can fork over the dough for this truck to get it rolling but to keep it rolling u'll need a few MSJ billet products....thats just the way it is....Considering this has THE most torque on the market...it's gonna stress alot of parts on the car if u dont run her right(as well as stress you)
If u go with Autohaus.... tell them I sent you, u may get a break or at least even more friendlier service.

as of today...if u want a really well put together car...
http://www.midmad.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5590

this will sell fast

ta' heck with u....i just converted $375 from canadian to US currency....
I might buy this truck

The videos aint working for me

Back