engine runs but savage wont move much

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petedoc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi I'm new to all this so please be patient. i got my son a savage last year for xmas we used it about 6 times with no jumps bumps or crashes we got it out to use one day and started it up it didn't move. i was told it would be the clutch so i changed it but still no go if i press the gas very softly it will just about move but as soon as apply pressure to gas it wont go. i noticed that if i stop front road wheels with my hand and i turn the geared wheel the clutch is built into the drive shaft from clutch turns even though I've stopped the front road wheels. it is as if were the clutch drive shaft go's into the bit were it meets the front road wheel drive shaft's there's a problem. but being new to all this I'm not sure and would be very grateful for any ideas to whats wrong or what i could do to find out whats wrong. as I'm desperate to get it back on the dirt as been off for about 4 months now. so if anyone can please give any ideas thanks very much. petedoc

A few things along the pecking order to check.
First, when you apply throttle, does the clutch bell turn?
Does it turn the spur gear?
Does the disk on the transmission side of the spur gear turn also?

Try tightening the hex nut with the spring in the center of the spur gear fully, then back it out 1/4 turn and try it out.

Post your results, we'll get it running.

hi rolex thanks for reply and ideas of things to try. il be trying these things tomorrow as when got it out today to tinker about with. my battery and glow plug charger all needed re-charging so they are all being done right now and will be ready for tomorrow (yeha!can't wait) dont know if this will help find out whats wrong with it. but when looking at it today i found out if i hold tight the dog bone drive shaft that runs under the battery holding box from gearbox to front diff thing (to stop it from moving) i can still turn the road wheels and it seems as if its slipping in diff box is this normal or could this be my problem. thanks for all help. petedoc

It's a matter of tracing it from the point at which it turns, to the point that turneth not.
Either way, from the wheels in, or the clutch bell out.

sometimes it can be the smallest thing that is giving u a problem and u over look it i do it all the time at work haha. ;)

Lots of us do. That's why we have public forums to post your problems.

Yeah, I know, I kinda figured that........I was just trying to be nice since Durwank is a friend of mine and because I do not hav one so I could not help him out at all one bit.:D It's all good though, I see what your saying.;)

Back